I have been trying to install RadEditor Lite in my WSS 3.0 site and everything seems to go well during installation, but the editor never shows up in the site. Here is what I have done. so far. This is a single server sharepoint site.
I used the directions found here...
1. I first installed ASP.NET AJAX Extensions 1.0.
2. I made all the additions to the web.config file.
3. I made the addition to the default.master file.
4. I did not do anything with the section on "using UpdatePanels within Sharepoint" as that did not seem to apply. Maybe this is where I went wrong?
5. I extracted the solution to c: drive.
6. I added the solution.
7. I deployed the solution.
8. I edited the toolsfile.xml and the listtoolsfile.xml. I followed these directions as best I could because the the path was different. It seems that the directions were written for older version of RadEditor. For example, I did not have a "resources folder". My two files where in a folder called "editor".
9. While not specified in the directions I did go to my site in Sharepoint and activate both "Use RadEditor to edit List Items" and "Use RadEditor to edit List Items in Internet Explorer as well".
10. I opened up IE went to my wiki, clicked on Edit, and I still have the default sharepoint editor.
11. I opened up Mozilla, went to my wiki and did not have any editor at all.
So somewhere I got something wrong. Can anyone help?