This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadEditor for SharePoint 2016?

19 Answers 308 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Leandro
Top achievements
Rank 1
Leandro asked on 01 Apr 2016, 12:41 PM

Hi Everyone,

I assume the RadEditor for SharePoint 2013 cannot be used in SharePoint 2016. Right?

Is there any release planned for the RadEditor, and in general for the RadControls, for SharePoint 2016?

Could you please inform the timeline?

Thanks in advance

19 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2016, 01:46 PM
Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

We are currently testing the AJAX controls with the latest version of SP2016 and we'll update the community once the testing is over.

Best regards,
Rumen
Telerik

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.

Trevor
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 May 2016, 02:12 PM
It's technically possible to use it. I have a client who is interested and the process is to deploy it to 2013, extract the WSP, then deploy the WSP to 2016. We're using the RadEditor to replace the OOTB editor on a Publishing site. It works 'as designed'. But of course, it would be best to wait for Telerik to release an MSI that allows for installation onto 2016.
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 17 May 2016, 11:56 AM
Hi,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and feature requests!

We're currently validating the idea of providing official SP2016 Web Parts for the AJAX components in R3 2016 (due in mid-Sept). 

I am familiar of this workaround, but since we currently do not support SP2016 officially, we cannot support it until our official release of the SP2016 Web Parts in Sept, 2016.

My suggestion is to test this approach and if it works without problems to use it until the official R3 release.

Kind regards,
Rumen
Telerik

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.

Claudia
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Feb 2017, 02:54 PM

Is in the meantime an official Telerik Rad Editor Version for SharePoint 2016 available?

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2017, 03:16 PM

Hello Claudia,

For the time being, RadEditor offers a Web Part for SharePoint 2010 and 2013. The version for SP2013 is also compatible with SP2016 as noted in the following help article: http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/sharepoint/2016/Overview

Best regards,
Rumen
Telerik by Progress
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Mar 2018, 05:34 PM
Still no web parts for SharePoint 2016???
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Mar 2018, 08:20 AM
Hi Jon,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Telerik ASP.NET AJAX WebParts for SharePoint 2013 are working in SP2016. For the time being we do not plan to provide a separate SharePoint 2016 build, because SharePoint 2013 and 2016 have similar app model and server infrastructure and the wrappers can be installed manually from the available RadControlsSP.wsp in the Telerik_Web_Parts_For_Sharepoint2013_2018_1_117_Dev.zip  installation.

Best regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular 2 components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Lionell
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Feb 2019, 08:48 AM
Hi Rumen, we are planning to go on sharepoint d365 version, will radeditor be able to support? Thanks.
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 01 Mar 2019, 09:33 AM
Hi Lionell,

Thank you for your question!

Under SharePoint Online (Office 365) you can use the Kendo UI widgets. The UI for ASP.NET AJAX controls (including RadEditor) rely on the Web Forms application model that is not available in SharePoint Online.

The following articles can help get you started in your development:

Kendo UI for Office 365 page
Better Office 365 Experiences with Kendo UI blog post.

Best regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Mathew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 May 2020, 08:14 AM

Hi,

Is that possible to use SharePoint radeditor with SharePoint 2019?

Please help...

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 18 May 2020, 09:21 AM

Hi Mathew,

The old structure is still present in SharePoint 2019 and therefore, you can continue using the Telerik SharePoint Web Parts the same way. The TeamSite type of site collection has a modern layout, but SharePoint 2019 kept the classic one too. We have tested all major scenarios, using the built-in web parts, binding to data (SQL, SharePoint lists), creating custom web parts, enabling AJAX.

Not supported scenario

Best Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
Mathew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 May 2020, 11:26 AM

Thanks Rumen,

I am getting htmleditor.js not found error in SharePoint logs.

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 18 May 2020, 11:38 AM

You are welcome, Mathew!

When has this error/warning started to happen?

IS this error/warning causing some problems with the built-in SharePoint editor? 

Is the RadEditor web part working properly?

The js files of RadEditor are shown in the screenshot below:

The htmleditor.js is a file of the SharePoint editor as per the following resources:

https://simondoy.com/2011/07/18/fix-content-editor-web-part-rich-text-editor-popup-fails-to-display/

https://www.telerik.com/forums/load-htmleditor-js-conditionally#XRddXiCK8EuTle4xZvp1_w

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mathew
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 May 2020, 12:04 PM

I am getting blank page when I add Telerik Radeditor and on Custom page it is looking for htmleditor.js see below error

Getting Error Message for Exception System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> Microsoft.SharePoint.SPException: Cannot make a cache safe URL for "15/0/1033/htmleditor.js", file not found. Please verify that the file exists under the layouts directory.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.

Note :I am using SharePoint 2019 server on premise

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 18 May 2020, 12:53 PM

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the whole error.

It looks like you are using a version of RadEditor Web Part build for SharePoint 2008/2010 which references the HtmlEditor.js file, e.g.

if (System.IO.File.Exists(path + "HtmlEditor.js") ||
					System.IO.File.Exists(path.Replace("1033", LCID.ToString(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture)) + "HtmlEditor.js"))
				{
					ScriptLink.Register(Page, "HtmlEditor.js", true);
				}

My advice is to use the SharePoint 2013 version of RadEditor Web Part where the above code is commented out since SP2019 does not have a HtmlEditor.js file. Please follow the instructions on installing the RadControlsSP.wsp solution as explained in the Telerik Web Parts for SharePoint article. You can obtain the RadControlsSP.wsp by downloading  Telerik_Web_Parts_For_Sharepoint2013_2020_2_512_Trial.zip from https://www.telerik.com/account/product-download?product=AJAX%20SP and extracting it. After that install it.

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Pistle
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 30 Sep 2020, 09:56 AM
SharePoint 2016 offers similar app model and server infrastructure to SharePoint 2013 in terms of web part registration and usage. This means that you can install manually and use the SharePoint 2013 Telerik web parts under SharePoint 2016 until an official msi installation package is provided by Telerik.
The SharePoint 2013 documentation applies to SharePoint 2016 and you can use it as a reference guide to see how to install the web parts manually, deploy and configure the provided web parts or create your own. The Troubleshooting section also applies.
Ramen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2021, 02:57 PM

Hi Rumen

I am using Telerik_AJAX_controls_2011_2_915_for_SharePoint_2010_Dev.msi for a SharePoint 2010 farm

The farm is being migrated to SharePoint 2013.

I assume I need the above MSI for SharePoint 2013

Where can I purchase and download this?

This is urgent, please

Thanks

Ramen

Ramen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2021, 04:14 PM

Just after my post, I have downloaded below from my telerik account:

Telerik_Web_Parts_For_Sharepoint2013_2016_3_1027_Dev.msi

Will this work on SharePoint 2013 ?

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2021, 06:40 PM

Hi Ramen

Yes, the Telerik_Web_Parts_For_Sharepoint2013_2016_3_1027_Dev.msi installation is intended for SharePoint 2013.

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Love the Telerik and Kendo UI products and believe more people should try them? Invite a fellow developer to become a Progress customer and each of you can get a $50 Amazon gift voucher.

Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
Leandro
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
Trevor
Top achievements
Rank 1