RadEditor for SharePoint 2016?

4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Leandro
    Leandro avatar
    1 posts

Posted 01 Apr Link to this post

Hi Everyone,

I assume the RadEditor for SharePoint 2013 cannot be used in SharePoint 2016. Right?

Is there any release planned for the RadEditor, and in general for the RadControls, for SharePoint 2016?

Could you please inform the timeline?

Thanks in advance

2. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12851 posts

Posted 01 Apr Link to this post

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

We are currently testing the AJAX controls with the latest version of SP2016 and we'll update the community once the testing is over.

Best regards,
    Rumen
    Telerik

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.

3. Trevor
    Trevor avatar
    1 posts

Posted 12 May in reply to Leandro Link to this post

It's technically possible to use it. I have a client who is interested and the process is to deploy it to 2013, extract the WSP, then deploy the WSP to 2016. We're using the RadEditor to replace the OOTB editor on a Publishing site. It works 'as designed'. But of course, it would be best to wait for Telerik to release an MSI that allows for installation onto 2016.
  4. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12851 posts

Posted 17 May Link to this post

Hi,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and feature requests!

We're currently validating the idea of providing official SP2016 Web Parts for the AJAX components in R3 2016 (due in mid-Sept). 

I am familiar of this workaround, but since we currently do not support SP2016 officially, we cannot support it until our official release of the SP2016 Web Parts in Sept, 2016.

My suggestion is to test this approach and if it works without problems to use it until the official R3 release.

Kind regards,
    Rumen
    Telerik

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.