Radeditor background color

Thread is closed for posting
4 posts, 0 answers
  1. Prachi
    Prachi avatar
    6 posts

Posted 19 Mar 2013 Link to this post

Hi,

I have RadEditor control in my application. It had white background initially. I had used a directive @import to have default background of Telerik i.e. white. This is because Telerik ignored out styles of gray background. Now, I happened to switch over to the <link>. So it seems like the background is now gray instead.

Any idea on this?
  2. MasterChiefMasterChef
    MasterChiefMasterChef avatar
    152 posts

Posted 19 Mar 2013 Link to this post

Hi Prachi,

If you would like to create a custom skin for your RadEditor, take a look at the 'appearance' tab in the documentation. They have information on how to create a custom skin, and how to override the default css class for the RadEditor. You can find all this information here:
    http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/editor-css-classes-and-their-use.html

Good luck,
    Master Chief
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Prachi
    Prachi avatar
    6 posts

Posted 20 Mar 2013 Link to this post

Thanks for your reply.

Basically, I am looking for the difference between the @import and <link>. How does that affect iframe of RadEditor....
  5. Rumen
    Admin
    Rumen avatar
    12848 posts

Posted 20 Mar 2013 Link to this post

Hello,

The content area of RadEditor is a standard editable iframe element. You can test your scenario with a standard editable iframe and see how the @import and <link> are handled by the used browsers.

If you want to style the content area, you can see how to do that in this live demo: Customize Content Area Appearance. If you want to remove the page background see this article: Content Area Appearance Problems.

Regards,
    Rumen
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.