This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDragAndDrop Intermittenly crashes and no longer shows arrow que after upgrade to Q2 2011

0 Answers 32 Views
DragAndDrop
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sean asked on 27 Oct 2011, 09:33 PM
Hello,

I recently upgraded our distribution to Q2 2011 and everything works great except for dragging and dropping. I currently have a scenario where I am dragging from a ListBox to a RadChart and it still "works" but doesn't show the drag que arrow anymore. I added the following line to our code:

RadDragAndDropManager.ExecutionMode = DragExecutionMode.Legacy;

This had no discernable effect. Also we now get an intermitten crash:

The specified Visual and this Visual do not share a common ancestor, so there is no valid transformation between the two Visuals.

This error occurs while dropping onto the RadChart. We have been using this code since mid-2010 and has survived at least 3 upgrades so the problem (since it seems Telerik has extensively changed the RadDragAndDropManager and divided it into 2 parts) may lay in the fact that we need to upgrade the drag and drop code. The problem is I have no idea what to change since the documentation seems to be almost verbatim what the last documentation set had. Any help in resolving this would definitely be appreciated.

Edit: I was just testing this and I remembered that I should say that the ListBox is in a RadDock and when the tab is pinned it works fine and doesn't give the visuals error. If it is unpinned it crashes. Once again, it worked fine before the Q2 upgrade.

Thanks,
Sean Galland

No answers yet. Maybe you can help?

Tags
DragAndDrop
Asked by
Sean
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or