This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadDatePicker styling

3 Answers 84 Views
DatePicker and DateSelector
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Stephan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Stephan asked on 08 Jan 2014, 11:05 PM
Hi Telerik-Team,

I'm trying to change some colors in the RadDatePicker to something like shown in the attached screenshot:

- background color of the RadDatePicker popup
- background color of the item rectangles (day, month, year)
- foreground color (text color of title & day/month/year list) always white
- (optional) appbar color

Is this possible? So far I tried to style the RadDateSelector but only got as far as changing the background color of this control. Unfortunately (but obviously) this does not change the color of the whole background.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Stephan

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jan 2014, 08:01 AM
Hi,
Please have a look at the documentation for DatePicker- here is a brief list how to style each of its components: http://www.telerik.com/help/windows-phone/raddatepicker-styles-and-templates-styling-raddatepicker.html .

Regards,
Ivo
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Stephan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 09 Jan 2014, 08:52 PM
Hi Ivo,

thanks for your answer. I've been looking into the documentation before writing into this forum and I've only been able to change the background color of the DateSelector.

Currently, I don't know how to use your documentation to find out what the target type in the style for the day/month/year list is. Also there is no hint on what property to use for the popup backup.

Could you please point me to the correct info?

Regards,
Stephan
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2014, 10:26 AM
Hello Stephan,

Thanks for writing back.

I am attaching a simple Windows Phone project where the RadDatePicker is styled in a way similar to your requirements. It should get you started in styling the control as needed.

Here's a basic description of what I did:

1. Extracted the control template of RadDateSelector to get the default styles for the Looping Lists inside it.
2. From the default styles of the LoopingLists I extracted the default style for the Looping Items.
3. Extracted the default style of RadDatePicker, adjusted it so that the background of the popup is Blue (for demo purposes).
4. Adjusted the default style of the RadDateSelector with the looping lists inside it by applying the Looping Item's style with new Visual States.

I must admit this approach is a bit difficult and we will think about simplifying the way the DatePicker can be completely restyled.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,
Deyan
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tags
DatePicker and DateSelector
Asked by
Stephan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Ivo
Telerik team
Stephan
Top achievements
Rank 2