This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadControls Q2 2010 feedback

12 Answers 150 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1
Manuel Felício asked on 14 Jul 2010, 02:54 PM
Hi,

First of all I'd like to thank you for the effort into bringing us the best/most complete UI controls suite for silverlight.

I just updated for Q2 2010 to see if everything works.

I'll be updating this thread with whatever wierd/bugs.

I'm getting a lot of error messages in the Output like these:

System.Windows.Data Error: Failed to connect to index '0' in object 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyObservableCollection`1[System.Windows.Controls.ValidationError]' (type 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyObservableCollection`1[System.Windows.Controls.ValidationError]'). BindingExpression: Path='(Validation.Errors)[0].ErrorContent' DataItem='Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadComboBox' (HashCode=53579116); target element is 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chromes.ValidationTooltip' (Name='ValidationTooltip'); target property is 'TooltipContent' (type 'System.Object').

System.Windows.Data Error: Failed to connect to index '0' in object 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyObservableCollection`1[System.Windows.Controls.ValidationError]' (type 'System.Collections.ObjectModel.ReadOnlyObservableCollection`1[System.Windows.Controls.ValidationError]'). BindingExpression: Path='(Validation.Errors)[0].ErrorContent' DataItem='Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadComboBox' (HashCode=50156616); target element is 'Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chromes.ValidationTooltip' (Name='ValidationTooltip'); target property is 'TooltipContent' (type 'System.Object').

I'm getting these messages for RadComboBox, RadDatePicker, RadNumericUpDown, maybe others, but these are the ones I've seen so far.

I checked CoverFlow and the bugs I've reported are now fixed. It's perfect!

Edit1: Found another different behavior. I have vertical-oriented RadToolbar's with VerticalAlignment=Stretch. In previous versions the items displayed were aligned with the toolbar's top. Now they are displayed at the center of the toolbar. I tried setting toolbar's VerticalContentAlignment property but it doesn't seem to affect the items' position.

Edit2: Sometimes RadBusyIndicator keeps its content disabled but the animation disappears. I've got the IsBusy property bound to a viewmodel property and there's an operation where I call a wcf ria service and I set my vm's IsBusy property to true before calling and set it to false in the service completion callback. 90% of the time it works well, but sometimes I get that wierd behavior I described. I've tested with SLToolkit's BusyIndicator and so far I've got 100% success with it. It seems to be a timing issue. I'm using the default value for DisplayAfter. Do you guys have any clue of what might be?

Best regards,

Manuel Felício.

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Pana
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 12:02 PM
Hello Manuel Felício,

The BindingExpression: Path='(Validation.Errors)[0].ErrorContent' error is a known issue related to the data validation our controls support for Silverlight. There should be no problems running this code and no visual glitches will appear due to this error. Also we will fix this as soon as possible so hopefully fixes will be released with the next internal build. For now I would recommend you to just ignore these errors as they appear only in Debug mode in the Output window.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Greetings,
Panayot
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 12:06 PM
Hello Panayot, thanks for replying.

Yes, everything worked fine despite those messages. Do you know what may cause the RadToolBar's (vertical orientation) items being displayed in the center of the ToolBar instead of the top?

Best regards,

Manuel Felício.
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2010, 03:36 PM
Hi Manuel ,

Please, accept our apologies for the late reply.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused. This issue will be fixed as soon as possible.

I have logged the issue in our PITS under the name ( ToolBar : when Orientation is set to Vertical, the content isn't aligned at the top of the application). You can start monitoring the progress of the item by tomorrow the latest.

Your Telerik points have been updated.

Greetings,
Dimitrina
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jul 2010, 04:29 PM
Hello Dimitrina,

Thanks for your reply.

It's nice to know that this will be addressed. We've been testing our app with telerik controls and currently everything is working like a charm! Soon we will have to decide which controls we're going to buy and telerik is definetly the choice #1. Our main reason is the strong support it has and the fact that many controls support ICollectionView, since we use it a lot with MVVM.

Thank you.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards,

Manuel Felício.
Geoff Hardy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Aug 2010, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know if the problem with all the "Failed to connect to index" errors has been fixed yet?
David Brubacher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2010, 09:07 PM
These errors are slowing my grid to a crawl - any fix in the daily builds yet?
Pana
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2010, 06:16 AM
Hello David Brubacher,

They have been fixed. Also we will release the official Q2.SP1 pretty soon.

All the best,
Panayot
the Telerik team
David Brubacher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2010, 03:21 PM
I can confirm that things have returned to normal for me. Thanks!
Geoff Hardy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Aug 2010, 05:00 PM
I tried out the latest nightly build (version 2010.2.0806.1040) and the "failed to connect to index" problem has been fixed.

However now I get another problem with an error "The property 'Minimum' was not found in type 'RadioButton'. [Line: 12 Position: 36]". This problem appears to be related to a style for RadioButton, however I am not using any RadioButtons in my application!

I think the lesson I have learnt is to always wait for the SP1 version to come out before considering using it. I think for now my only option is to go back to the 2010 Q1 version of the controls.
CONOR
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2010, 12:34 AM
I am using the nightly build and now cannot use the scheduler, I am getting the following error:

"The property 'Minimum' was not found in type 'RadioButton'. [Line: 12 Position: 36]".

Any ideas?
Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2010, 07:56 AM
Hello together,

what is the rollout date for "Q2.SP1"? What means "pretty soon"?

Frank
Pana
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2010, 09:12 AM
Hello Frank,

It will be released by the end of this week.

Sincerely yours,
Panayot
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Pana
Telerik team
Manuel Felício
Top achievements
Rank 1