This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadControls for WPF 12.1.326.0 seems to crash my VS 11

2 Answers 38 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Manfred
Top achievements
Rank 2
Manfred asked on 29 Mar 2012, 09:30 AM
Hi there,

I installed VS 11 beta and the RadControls for WPF 12.1.326.0.
After using the Telerik - WPF - ToolboxConfigurator, my VS doesn't work. It runs into an unstable condition always when initializing the Toolbox.
And it tries to initialize every time I load this project because it never finished initialization.
So I can't use the controls on a WPF-Application.

Any idea??

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2012, 04:32 PM
I'm experiencing this same issue.  I was able to prevent VS11 from crashing on start up by launching it using the /safemode switch, closing down VS11 and then relaunching normally.  But I still don't have the Telerik WPF controls in my toolbox.  Guess I can manually add them, but that's a bit of a pain.
-Lee
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 02 Apr 2012, 01:14 PM
Hi,

The VS11 Beta Release of RadControls for Silverlight and RadControls for WPF includes limited support for VS11 Beta. This is because we encountered an issue loading the toolbox items automatically. It's the same issue as the one you've described in your posts.

Here is an blog post with further details: http://blogs.telerik.com/blogs/posts/12-03-13/telerik-xaml-controls-and-the-vs11-beta-release.aspx. It also describes how to add the controls to the toolbox manually.

As a workaround, we found that if the toolbox is closed before opening a WPF/Silverlight form, the toolbox items are loaded. Still, this is not reliable solution, but can help is some cases.

We have reported the issue to Microsoft and we expect it to be fixed for the next official release.

Kind regards,
Chavdar,
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Manfred
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Lee
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chavdar Dimitrov
Telerik team