This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX with VS2012 Expess for Web

3 Answers 60 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nick asked on 03 Jul 2013, 10:19 AM
I’m trying to install the trial for the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.  I have Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web (with Update 3) installed on Windows 8 Pro x64.  According to the system requirements, this is supported.  Its the Q2 2013 version, and I've tried both the .exe and the .msi.  However, the installers will not let me select VS2012 stating it must be installed.  It shows and pre-selects VS2010 as an option even though I do not have this installed.  Any ideas what I can do to install this trial?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Missing User
answered on 04 Jul 2013, 02:13 PM
Hello Nick,

Thank you for contacting us!

The reason why the installers don't show VS 2012 as an available option is that currently VS Extensions don't support Visual Studio Express editions. This means that the UI Controls will be installed and you will be able to use them, but the Telerik VSExtensions for ASP.NET will not be integrated with the Express editions of Visual Studio.

What you can do is to manually add the RadControls to the Toolbox using the 'Choose items...' dialog in Visual Studio.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2013, 01:18 PM
Thank you for the response.  Yes, this seems to work fine.  I can test the use the RadControls in my project.  There is one other minor issue where in design mode the controls often say "error creating control.  Unknown server tag telrik:RadXXXXX".  However, if I close and reopen the aspx page then I can switch to design mode and the controls resolve again so I can access the Smart Tags.  Its a bit of a nuisance, but I can work-around the issue for the trial.  Thanks for your assistance clarifying the installation!

- Nick
Missing User
answered on 10 Jul 2013, 12:20 PM
Hi Nick,

I'm happy to hear you've managed to start using the Rad Controls.

Can you check whether the following troubleshooting article addresses the design time issue that you're experiencing - http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-design-time-troubleshooting.html?

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Missing User
Nick
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question