I have noticed an issue with the solution described above. Whilst using RadCompression an error page will displayed whenever the SharePoint 2010 "processing" page should be displayed, e.g. when deleting a subsite.
To replicate this issue follow these steps:
- update the Web.config file as described in the above posts
- create a subsite (I used a blog in my instance)
- delete it via site the Site Settngs > Delete this site link
The site is actually deleted, but the "processing" dialog is not displayed, and it isn't redirected to the "Your site has been deleted." page once the operation has completed.
If I removing the RadCompression entries from the Web.config file and retry these steps, everything works as expected.