This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadComboBox filtering text issue when MarkFirstMatch is set to True

1 Answer 26 Views
UI for ASP.NET AJAX in ASP.NET MVC
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ashish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ashish asked on 16 Apr 2014, 08:20 AM
Hello Telerik Team,

We have Event Management kind of asp.net web application and we have used the Telerik toolkit in our application. The current Telerik version currently we

are using is 2012.2.912.35. We have used RadComboBox in our application extensively and most of the places we have set MarkFirstMatch property of RadComboBox to TRUE.

Previously when we access our application in IE9 browser then RadcomboxBox filtering feature was working very smoothly but later on we started using IE 10 and IE11 browsers then we noticed that the text at the top of RadComboBox diappears. In our Application we have used IE=EmulateIE7 Metatags from long time in all of the pages and in previous IE browsers i.e.  IE9, IE8 the DDL works perfectly but in IE 10 and IE11 browsers we facing the DDL filtering text issue. We tried to find out why IE=EmulateIE7 tag breaks the DDL filtering feature only in IE 10 and IE 11 browsers but we ddidnt get the reason and also so far we didnot got the fix for this issue. Please not we cannot remove the IE=EmulateIE7 tag from all pages because it will mess up the design of our pages.

In following screenshot you can see the country RadComboBox. I am using IE 10 or IE11 browser and suppose I search for “Boise”.Now when I started typing the alphabets in RadComboBox, the text at the top of DDL disappear and an X appears toward the center of the DDL. Please refer following screenshot:

[Refer ss1.png]

NOTE: The same problem is appearing for all of the RadComboboxes which are present in all of the pages of our application.

In above screenshot, we can see that RadComboBox filters the results correctly but the text at top of DDL disappears and X appears at center which doesn’t looks well.

This is the code of our web page where the country RadComboBox is located.  

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <telerik:RadScriptManager runat="server" ID="RadScriptManager1" EnableScriptCombine="false">
            <Scripts>
            </Scripts>
        </telerik:RadScriptManager>
        <br />
        <br />
        <telerik:RadComboBox ID="cbCities" runat="server" Width="200px" MarkFirstMatch="true" ExpandDirection="Down">
            <Items>
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Atlanta" Value="1" />
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Austin" Value="2" />
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Baltimore" Value="3" />
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Boise" Value="4" />
                <telerik:RadComboBoxItem Text="Boston" Value="5" />
            </Items>
        </telerik:RadComboBox>
    </form>   
</body>
</html>

We also tried by changing the compatibility view setting but still issue persist.

I have also tried adding the script given in below link but this didn’t resolved the issue at our end.
http://www.telerik.com/forums/patch-ms-update-kb2586448-breaks-radcombobox-markfirstmatch-in-versions-older-than-2009-3-1314-inclusive

Please suggest any generic workaround so that the filtering feature of all RadComboBox present in our application works as desired in IE11 and IE 10 browsers.

Thanks,
Ashish

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Aneliya Petkova
Telerik team
answered on 17 Apr 2014, 01:22 PM
Hello Ashish,

We are aware of this problem with RadComboBox in IE7 with 2012.2.912 dll's. The issue is already fixed in the latest versions of Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX. You could download our latest Trial version and try if everything is working correctly at your side.

If you have other questions or if you observe other unusual issues, I will be glad to assist you any further.

Regards,
Aneliya Petkova
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
UI for ASP.NET AJAX in ASP.NET MVC
Asked by
Ashish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Aneliya Petkova
Telerik team
Share this question
or