This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadComboBox disabled on IE9 Windows 2008

3 Answers 32 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
jk
Top achievements
Rank 1
jk asked on 08 Jan 2014, 10:13 PM
I have recently upgraded the Telerik.Web.UI.dll to version 2013.3.1114.40. When I tested in my dev environment, everything works as expected. However our QA team has an IE9 browser running on Windows Server 2008. When they point that browser at the application hosted in my dev environment (which is running on Windows 7), the RadComboBox becomes unusable. When you try to click on it, nothing happens. There are many "$telerik is undefined" javascript errors. I have reproduced this behavior using another IE9 browser on a different Windows 2008 box. However, as long as I'm using IE9 on any other machine (running Windows 7), the controls work fine.

I assume that the issue is with the client, maybe some security setting related to Windows 2008/IE9. I have disabled IE ESC and that did not fix the issue. What is causing this problem?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jan 2014, 09:49 AM
Hi,

I would suggest you to refer to the following articles, demonstrating approaches for overcoming the faced issue:

Regards,
Nencho
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
jk
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2014, 03:53 PM
The issue ended up being the one described in this article: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/general-discussions/not-implemented-javascript-error-under-ie9-with-q3-2013-sp1.aspx

The latest hotfix solved the issue.
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jan 2014, 12:00 PM
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your solution with the community.

Regards,
Nencho
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
jk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Nencho
Telerik team
jk
Top achievements
Rank 1