RadComboBox autocomplete - Search in any place

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Srdjan
    Srdjan avatar
    3 posts

Posted 23 Aug 2012 Link to this post

I was wondering if this is implemented in WPF version also?

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/combobox-and-listbox/radcombobox-autocomplete---search-in-any-place.aspx

I'm trying to use a RadComboBox (window) in the application I'm developing.
    As far a as I can see the autocomplete mode uses the entered text to filter those items starting with this text. I would like to go beyond this functionality by filtering those items which contains the entered text, not only at the begining but also in any place.

As an example, if I have a combobox containing cities and I write "lon" it should filter, not only "london" city but also "barcelona" (among others cities matching the filter).
  2. Georgi
    Admin
    Georgi avatar
    349 posts

Posted 28 Aug 2012 Link to this post

Hi Srdjan,

We don't have an Autocomplete modes, but instead of that we have TextSearchModes and one of the modes is Contains. So you can combine it with IsFilteringEnabled="True" OpenDropDownOnFocus="True" and it seems that you can achieve the desired property. You can check it out in the Configurator example of RadComboBox here in our examples (the corresponding Silverlight example you can find here).
    Also we are currently developing an RadAutoCompleteBox control which will be available in Q3 2012 release.
    Hope this will help.

Greetings,
    Georgi
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

3. UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready
  4. Kalpan
    Kalpan avatar
    2 posts

Posted 24 Nov 2014 in reply to Srdjan Link to this post

has this been done ??
  5. Kalpan
    Kalpan avatar
    2 posts

Posted 24 Nov 2014 in reply to Georgi Link to this post

sorry meant to sent it to you. does WPF has this functionality now.
  6. Kalin
    Admin
    Kalin avatar
    1208 posts

Posted 26 Nov 2014 Link to this post

Hello Kalpan,

Yes the AutoCompleteBox has been released with Q3 2012 version of the controls. You can check its documentation on the following link:
    http://www.telerik.com/help/wpf/radautocompletebox-overview.html

You can also check the WPF demos here and the corresponding Silverlight demos here.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Kalin
    Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

UI for WPF is Visual Studio 2017 Ready