This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadCloudUpload does Client Side upload?

6 Answers 80 Views
Upload (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
rinu
Top achievements
Rank 1
rinu asked on 12 Jan 2015, 10:52 AM
RadCloudUpload for Amazon and Azure client side. The Documentation says that ", the selected files are directly transferred to the cloud storage. No files are kept on the hard drive of the server" . Does this means the files will be transferred from the clients PC to the cloud directly? . or does the data needs to be uploaded via server ?.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2015, 01:14 PM
Hi Rinu,

RadCloudUpload does not store anything on the server. However it uses Azure SDK's and that's why it uploads file from the server. When file is selected control read file on chunks and transfer them to the upload handler on the server. The upload handler prepare these chunks, add metadata and send file to Azure servers. 

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

rinu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jan 2015, 04:30 AM
Thanks Hristo, Is there any chance to avoid these handlers and sent it directly to the server. The handler i think is making the uploader extremely slow as compared to the direct uploads from clients like "Azure Storage Explorer 6". Now there is cors support for Azure.
It will be nice to see a tool which does direct upload like. flajaxian http://www.flajaxian.com/flajaxian.com/DirectAmazonUploader1.0Help.html

Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jan 2015, 03:51 PM
Hi Rinu,

At the moment it is not possible to upload file without sending it the upload handler.
Please submit new feature request http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/108 and we will consider to add this functionality.

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jan 2015, 04:59 PM
Hi Hristo,

First, sorry if my post/question is misplaced. I am new here and do not know yet how to start a new thread or where to direct my question.

My question:

I am using RadCloudUpload with Amazon S3 and I am able to upload files. I wanted the uploaded files to have "Public-Read" automatically. If I am using AWSClientFactory "put" command, I can do this by setting the "CannedACL" attribute to "S3CannedACL.PublicRead" but that is not possible on "codeless" RadCloudUpload. 

Can you suggest a way to do this using RadCloudUpload?

Thank you,

Ross
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jan 2015, 04:09 PM
Hi Ross,

Please test this code library Amazon S3 Public Files.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Ross
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2015, 07:42 PM
Thank you Hristo!

While waiting for your suggestion I already created a separate function call that modifies the ACL:

protected void MakePublicRead(string keyName)
{
    NameValueCollection appConfig = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings;
    using (client = Amazon.AWSClientFactory.CreateAmazonS3Client(appConfig["AWSAccessKey"].ToString(), appConfig["AWSSecretAccessKey"].ToString()))
    {
        PutACLResponse response = client.PutACL(new PutACLRequest()
        {
            CannedACL = S3CannedACL.PublicRead,
            BucketName = appConfig["AWSBucketName"].ToString(),
            Key = keyName
        });
    }
}

But your solution is neat and I will replace mine.

Thanks again! :)

Tags
Upload (Obsolete)
Asked by
rinu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
rinu
Top achievements