This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadChart Error

1 Answer 71 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nalaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nalaka asked on 13 Mar 2012, 07:23 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to add telerik RadChart to my xaml and it throws an error.
Please view the details on image.

Cheers

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2012, 12:45 PM
Hello Nalak,

We are aware of similar problematic RadChart design-time behavior that results in various end-user exceptions -- it is related to the Microsoft Silverlight 5 framework itself as reported here and here (as far as we know the problem is reproducible on x64 machines only).

Let me elaborate on the specific issue -- Silverlight 5 itself (being technology for the Web) does no calls to the full .NET framework but its design-time support (as the one in WPF) does. The problem here is that some Microsoft design-time method calls erroneously started to rely on .NET 4.5 implementation and resolve properly only when .NET 4.5 is installed (crashing with MissingMethodException on earlier versions of .NET).

Microsoft is aware of the issue and we hope new Silverlight Tools version will become available to fix this but meanwhile we can suggest you to install .NET4.5 Beta here and that should be enough the address the problem as well.

Kind regards,
Giuseppe
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Nalaka
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
Share this question
or