This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadCalendar in Listview SLOW in VS2008 designer

2 Answers 43 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Axel asked on 25 Aug 2009, 10:57 AM
Hi,

I just modified an already working RadCalendar web usercontrol from handling one Calendar instance on the UI to many via a ListView.
This brings VS2008 to almost a standstill, and VS renders the ListView with several ListItem lines in design view. Is there a lighter way of implementing the same feature.

My scenario is: Absence management.
I have an employee, and need to bring up a LIST ITEM for each of his employments. Eash LIST ITEM has a multiselect RadCalendar with special day rendering et al.

Any suggestions?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 28 Aug 2009, 07:45 AM
Hello Axel,

I tried to replicate the slow-down you depicted using similar test environment under VS 2008 but unfortunately to no avail.

To progress in our investigation, is it possible for you to post the markup of your page/user control in this forum thread (using the 'Format code block' dialog from the upper right corner of the forum editor) to investigate the matter further? I will use it in a simple test project in order to reproduce the abnormality and advice you how to address it.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 Sep 2009, 10:28 PM
I changed from a Gridview to a Repeater and things work a lot faster. No problems in VS 2008.

thanks all the same.
Axel
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Axel
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Axel