This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadAsyncUpload Truncation at 2048Kb in App_Data\RadUploadTemp

5 Answers 128 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DJG
Top achievements
Rank 1
DJG asked on 01 Sep 2011, 01:50 PM
Just discovered the solution to this, and since I'd not managed to find it online when I was struggling with it, wanted to share for the benefit of others: I experienced a number of issues trying to get RadAsyncUpload to work, and just when I thought I'd got everything sorted, I ran into a new issue on the live server (but not local dev): for files over 2MB, the upload would start, but then fail at exactly 2048Kb; Firebug helped me to discover that it was the second POST to Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?type=rau that was returning a 500 error; after having gone through all the suggested troubleshooting etc. during earlier phases, I was left to my own devices to figure this one out - thankfully it came to me pretty quickly: the file could be written (initial chunk), but not modified (for the addition of subsequent chunks)!  Adding Modify permissions for NETWORK SERVICE to RadUploadTemp cleared it up right away, as well as solving the file moving to TargetFolder on PostBack failure which I was experiencing on the live server.  Hopefully this helps someone else! :)

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Genady Sergeev
Telerik team
answered on 06 Sep 2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Djg,

Thank you very much for sharing this resolution with the community. As a token of gratitude for your involvement I've updated your telerik points.

Kind regards,
Genady Sergeev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Scott von Brandt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2012, 06:22 PM
Can you add this to the documentation?  I was having the same problem and didn't notice this factoid in the docs.
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jun 2012, 02:51 PM
Hello Scott,

Thank you for you commitment with RadControls and for recommendation.

We will gratefully include this to our troubleshooting documentation article about RadAsyncUpload. 

Greetings,
Plamen Zdravkov
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
S
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Oct 2019, 10:51 PM
Dear DJG

I realise that this is ages ago, but it saved my day and certainly saved my install of a new server. One little tiny permission omission and I had exactly the problem you describe.

Thanks for sharing the solution. This was really helpful and your trip on this world has been making sense to me.

Thanks and kind regards
DJG
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Oct 2019, 11:44 PM
Awesome! :D  Thanks so much for letting me know, it means a lot!! <3
Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
DJG
Top achievements
Rank 1