This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadAsyncUpload does not have permission to write files in the TemporaryFolder

1 Answer 250 Views
WebParts for SharePoint
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
balaji
Top achievements
Rank 1
balaji asked on 27 Feb 2015, 07:10 AM
Hi Team,
We developed Multiple fileupload feature using RadAsyncUpload  control. Telerik dll version is 2012.1.411.35.
We provided shared location path for TargetFolder and TemporaryFolder of RadAsyncUpload  control with Authenticated Users and EveryOne. But still we are getting below error.
In my Environment, we have 4 web front end servers. So we created a shared location in seperate server and assigned to Target and Temporary Folders. If I am wrong please guide me. Could you please help me asap.

And also we have one more question what account is it using to upload a files in Temp and Target folders. I mean login user or system account or network service...etc..?

Error:
System.Exception: RadAsyncUpload does not have permission to write files in the TemporaryFolder. In Medium Trust scenarios, the TemporaryFolder should be a subfolder of the Application Path.    at Telerik.Web.UI.RadAsyncUpload.TestTemporaryFolderPermissions()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyn... 2089f4ca-c105-4340-ab32-ac3565390869

Note: In DEV environment its working fine with authenticated users. with shared location as well as normal folder path.

Thanks in Advance.
Balaji

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
answered on 03 Mar 2015, 04:55 PM
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

The error message says:
RadAsyncUpload does not have permission to write files in the TemporaryFolder. In Medium Trust scenarios, the TemporaryFolder should be a subfolder of the Application Path. 

Please make sure that both machines have write permissions to these folders. if is needed you can use the standard aspnet upload to verify that.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Regards,
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
WebParts for SharePoint
Asked by
balaji
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo Valyavicharski
Telerik team
Share this question
or