This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadAsyncUpload

3 Answers 186 Views
AsyncUpload
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
ramji
Top achievements
Rank 1
ramji asked on 12 Oct 2016, 05:58 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for a functionality through which i can do virus scan during upload file

I want to do virus scan of uploadable file during upload on disk using RadAsyncUpload functionality.

how can i add virus scan on telerik async file upload.

Please suggest some code I'm using RadAsyncUpload.

Thanks & regards,

Ram

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 12 Oct 2016, 10:05 PM
Hi Ram,

To achieve the requested scenario and be able to check the files before they are uploaded to the server/database with the API of some antivirus program, you will need to implement a custom handler as shown in this help article How to extend the RadAsyncUpload handler. You should override the Process() method and using the exposed server API of the antivirus program to verify that the file(s) is (are) not infected. If they are infected - delete them,  If they are not - allow the upload.

Best regards,
Rumen
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
ramji
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2016, 06:17 PM

Hello Rumen Sir,

Thank you sir for reply but can u explain it with any example ?

or 

can you give code snippet bcoz i tried with override the Process() method but didnt get any success so please provide some example with code snippet 

Thanks & Regards,

Ram

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2016, 01:55 PM
Hello Ram,

The following demo shows how you can inherit and extend the default Http handler to create a custom one: Custom Http Handler. You can see how to override the Process() method in the Handler.ashx.cs file.

Best regards,
Rumen
Telerik by Progress
Do you need help with upgrading your ASP.NET AJAX, WPF or WinForms projects? Check the Telerik API Analyzer and share your thoughts.
Tags
AsyncUpload
Asked by
ramji
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rumen
Telerik team
ramji
Top achievements
Rank 1