This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Radar Chart

3 Answers 69 Views
ChartView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
George
Top achievements
Rank 1
George asked on 27 May 2014, 01:00 PM
Hi, I followed your example for creating a basic radar chat as follows:

RadarAreaSeries radarAreaSeries = new RadarAreaSeries("Sec1");
           radarAreaSeries.BackColor = Color.FromArgb(100, 142, 196, 65);
           radarAreaSeries.BorderColor = Color.FromArgb(100, 142, 196, 65);
           radarAreaSeries.DataPoints.Add(new CategoricalDataPoint(3.8d, "Oranges"));
           radarAreaSeries.DataPoints.Add(new CategoricalDataPoint(4d, "Bananas"));
           radarAreaSeries.DataPoints.Add(new CategoricalDataPoint(1.5d, "Apples"));
           this.EEGChart.Series.Add(radarAreaSeries);

RadarAreaSeries radarAreaSeries2 = new RadarAreaSeries("Sec2");
           radarAreaSeries2.BackColor = Color.FromArgb(100, 27, 157, 222);
           radarAreaSeries2.BorderColor = Color.FromArgb(100, 27, 157, 222);
           radarAreaSeries2.DataPoints.Add(new CategoricalDataPoint(3.1d, "Oranges"));
           radarAreaSeries2.DataPoints.Add(new CategoricalDataPoint(1.8d, "Bananas"));
           radarAreaSeries2.DataPoints.Add(new CategoricalDataPoint(2.9d, "Apples"));
           this.EEGChart.Series.Add(radarAreaSeries2);

My question is if there exists another way to define the radar chart, by first defining the Categories, say Apple, Oranges etc and then creating the data series for each category. Having fixed the categories it would be much easieer to update data on the chart when values change, say every 1 sec.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2014, 02:25 PM
Hi George,

Thank you for writing. 

In this case you can bind each series to a list of custom objects. This way you can easily just update the values of the corresponding custom object at runtime. I have implemented a small sample application that demonstrates this approach. Could you please check it and let me know how it fits in your scenario?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

George
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 May 2014, 10:21 AM
Thank you very much, your sample worked fine. I have another issue with the radarchart, I cannot programmatically set the radar area to be of type radarsplineareaseries. This option is available on the property build menu, but the class is absent in the programming interface. Can you please guide me on how to implement this need?

Regards,

George
Dimitar
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2014, 02:27 PM
Hi George,

Thank you for writing back.

You can add a spline series to the radar as follows:
RadarLineSeries series = new RadarLineSeries();
series.Spline = true;
series.SplineTension = 0.3f;

radChartView1.Series.Add(series);

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Regards,
Dimitar
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
ChartView
Asked by
George
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar
Telerik team
George
Top achievements
Rank 1