This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadAjaxManager and moss 2007

1 Answer 40 Views
Sharepoint Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
KMILO
Top achievements
Rank 2
KMILO asked on 24 Sep 2009, 04:25 PM
Hi guys

I try to follow the instructions provided here http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/create-ajax-enabled-sharepoint-webpart-radcontrols.html with any positive result about it, Im using a radstrip with a multipage with grids inside, and I expect to refresh the multipage on any click on tabstrip, my webpart is made on ascx and I test it on a normal page and the ajax works, but when I try to install it on moss seems like it is ajaxfied correctly shows the loading panel but the multipage never change and the grid inside either, so what can I do to get this scenario working, I will provide u my code if you need it.

thanks in advance

KMILO

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 28 Sep 2009, 09:01 AM
Hello KMILO,

There is one detail about RadAjaxManager you should have in mind when developing web parts and adding the control dynamically to them which is depicted in this article from the documentation:

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/ajx-manager-is-null-added-in-sharepoint-webpart.html

For your case (when having user control with ajaxified controls) the recommended approach is to use RadAjaxManagerProxy. If the issue persists, can you please share with us whether you get any javascript or server errors when you encounter the abnormality? Furthermore, does the same configuration work as expected when you use plain MS UpdatePanels around the controls instead of RadAjaxManager? These details can help us trace the cause of the issue to eliminate it asap.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tags
Sharepoint Integration
Asked by
KMILO
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Share this question
or