This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad Scheduler

60 Answers 2276 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon Hobbs
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon Hobbs asked on 24 Apr 2007, 12:43 PM
Hi Guys,

I am actually in the middle of building a community site which requires a month-view calendar which people can add events to and view when they click them.

I was actually going to use an embedded google calendar because Rad:Calendar only has a basic month view and as far as I know doesn't show events spanning multiple days like google calendar does.

When I saw Rad scheduler  on telerik.com/quest I was delighted as It looks like it can do many of the same things but then I saw that it wasn't being released yet, so I have a few questions.

* Do you have a release date yet ?
* Will it show a month long view with mon-sun across the top and 4 rows for the weeks ?
* Will you be able to redirect the user to a different page when they click an event.
* will it show multi-day events in the same way as google calendar ? i.e. a box spanning across all the days.
* Will it be quick loading ?

Many thanks,

Jon

60 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 12:59 PM
Jon-

The exact release date for RadScheduler has not yet been set, but I believe the goal right now is to make an early preview part of the May "Prometheus" update. It will have a month, week, and day view and have support for multi-day events. I expect the API will also make it very is to handle click events in any way you need to. As for quick loading, of course it will be. =)

Watch for more details in the coming weeks.

Thanks~
Todd
Jon Hobbs
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks Todd, that's very useful to know.

The only thing I forgot to ask was whether it will have iCal export like google calendar. Sorry for all the questions.

Jon
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 01:47 PM
Jon-

Not sure. Though I'd expect you could easily add iCal export using the RadScheduler API. Someone from the dev team may be able to provide more details. Stay tuned, though, since most details will revealed closer to the preview release.

Thanks~
Todd
Bruno Lopes
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 03:19 PM
Hi there,

anyone knows if scheduler will have the possibility to use multiple columns per day like in an appointment book?

Cheers
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 03:26 PM
Ricardo,

RadScheduler will support multiple appointments during the same time slot (just like Oultook). Is that what you mean by multiple column support?

Thanks~
Todd
Paige Cook
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 03:33 PM
Will RadScheduler be able to display views that show multiple appointments(tasks) for multiple people(resources) in a fashion similar to the Web Scheduler from ComponentGo?

Thank you in advance.
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 03:50 PM
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 04:15 PM
Shuan and pc-

I'm not very familiar with how other scheduling components work, so I can't comment directly on how RadScheduler will compare. I'm also not sure about the multiple resource detail. The dev may be able to comment on that.

Let me reiterate that the details for RadScheduler are not fully ready for release. As we get closer to the release I promise more details will be available. =)

Thanks~
Todd
Bruno Lopes
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the answer. I was not refering to multiple appointments in the same time slot. I'm looking for a WebScheduler component that let's me build an appointment book...

Eg. having 4 columns with employees for the same day

Regards
Dave Navarro
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Apr 2007, 07:25 AM
Hello,

This sounds great. What platform will you support with this new release? .Net 2.0 only? Or will you support 1.x as well? You really got some of us when your new reporting tools were only supported in .Net 2.0.

We had to scrap plans for the new reporting tools and continue on with SQL Server Reporting Services 2000 because we haven't moved our apps to the newest platform.

Let me know and thanks,

Dave
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Apr 2007, 08:41 AM
Hi David!

RAD Scheduling is a Prometheus component which leaves NET1.X behind cause it is only for net2.

Regards Pelle
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Apr 2007, 09:42 AM
Hello all,

Let me shed some light about RadScheduler :)

*Do you have a release date yet ?

RadScheduler should be officially release in our Q2 2007 release. This means at the beginning of September. A preview version should be available at the end of May if everything goes according to plans. Right now we are in the early stages of development and cannot release anything worthy.

* Will it show a month long view with mon-sun across the top and 4 rows for the weeks ?

The month view should resemble Outlook's month view. I have attached a screenshot (still a mockup).

* Will you be able to redirect the user to a different page when they click an event.

Yes, we will probably expose a "Click" event similar to other controls of our suite.

* Will it show multi-day events in the same way as google calendar ? i.e. a box spanning across all the days.

Yes multiday events should span over multiple days (although not visible in my screenshot).

* Will it be quick loading ?

As always we will try to produce as little output as possible.

*The only thing I forgot to ask was whether it will have iCal export like google calendar. Sorry for all the questions.

We are not sure whether we will implement that feature in the first release but it is in our plans. In fact we are using the iCal format internally for recurrence support.

*Will RadScheduler be able to display views that show multiple appointments(tasks) for multiple people(resources) in a fashion similar to ComponentGo scheduler?

RadScheduler will support resources and the user will be able to customize the look and feel of tasks assigned to different resources. However complex views similar to ComponentGo's scheduler will not be possible in the first version of RadScheduler.

What platform will you support with this new release? .Net 2.0 only? Or will you support 1.x as well?

As part of RadControls "Prometheus" RadScheduler will support .NET 2.0 only. I am sorry to disappoint some of you but RadScheduler is designed with NET 2.0 in mind - it is utilizing generics, declarative datasources, control state.

In a brief we are trying to take the best out of Outlook and google calendar. Here is a list of the features which we will (try to) implement for the beta:

• Inline and advanced editing (advanced form will be similar to google's)Resources (multiple resource types)
  • Recurrence (recurrence will be available from the advanced editing support)
  • Event rescheduling by resizing or drag-and-drop
  • All day and multiple day events
  • Three built-in views - day, weekly and monthly

Atanas Korchev,
the telerik team
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2007, 01:09 PM
Thank you for all your hard work on this. I posted a request for the calendar a long time ago. It's great to see you guys working on it.

I know you have answered many questions although i have a couple more. 

Will RADScheduler do the following
  • Edit recurrence anywhere in the pattern
  • Edit single or multiple events anywhere in recurrence pattern
  • Multiple calendars
  • Skinning
  • Color coordinated groups
  • Multi month view
  • Year view
  • Details view without a popup
  • Recurrence view
  • Time view
  • Windows app that allows users to connect to DB and sync MS Outlook and web calendar
  • Gantt view
  • Security
    • We have apps that have Companies, offices, groups.
    • attach any type of security to a calendar or event so that a user only sees calandars or events that they have rights to see.

Thanks
Jason

Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 25 Apr 2007, 01:35 PM
Hi Jason,

Wow that's a lot of questions :) Let's answer them.

Edit recurrence anywhere in the pattern

Please give us a bit more info about that feature.

Edit single or multiple events anywhere in recurrence pattern

The user would be able to edit the whole series or just the current (clicked) task thus making it an exception from the recurrence series.

Multiple calendars

What do you mean by "multiple calendars" ? Do you mean to have multiple instance of RadScheduler on the same page?

Skinning

RadScheduler will support skinning as the rest of RadControls "Prometheus"

Color coordinated groups

The developer would be able to customize the appearance of tasks if that's what you are asking.

Multi month view

The first version of RadScheduler won't support multi-month view. However we will consider it for future releases.

Year view

The same as multi month view.

Details view without a popup

I am not sure what you mean. Please give us some more details.

Recurrence view

Again :)

Time view

And again :)

Windows app that allows users to connect to DB and sync MS Outlook and web calendar

We won't provide such application out of the box. Maybe we can make a code example.
Gantt view

No in the first version. I am not sure if we can easily plug it in.

Security

RadScheduler won't come with built-in security mechanisms since every developer has different security requirements and we cannot force him to use ours. That's why it will be the developer who should decide which events are visible and which are not based on the application security implementation.

Based on those questions I think that there is some sort of misunderstanding about  RadScheduler. It won't be a stand-alone Outlook-like web application. It would be a web control which would allow task (appointment) creation with rich API allowing customization.

Regards,
Atanas Korchev,
the telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Dave Navarro
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Apr 2007, 06:24 PM
It is very, very disappointing to learn that telerik has decided not to implement yet another feature for ASP 1.x. I pushed so hard to have telerik be our number one choice for ASP components... even to eliminate the Infragistics controls that had been purchased. I was able to convince our management to switch over - exclusively to telerik.

We're now ready to implement some scheduling features and my boss is not happy with me. Infragistics has had ASP 1.x web scheduling out for 18 months or so. I made promises based on information I was getting from you guys. And now that it's coming, you're not going to support ASP 1.x. I have to tell you, honestly, I don't know how I'm going to tell my boss. I'll be lucky if I only get demoted, but I doubt I'll have a job by the end of the day.

I hope this isn't the path your going to take with all of your new features. If it is, I'm sure our company will have to leave you behind, as you like to say.

Wish me luck, I have to go break the news now.

Dave
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Apr 2007, 09:18 PM
Edit recurrence anywhere in the pattern

Please give us a bit more info about that feature.
Sorry about that. What i meant was if i pick a task that is recurring can i change the patturn from there into the future.

Multiple calendars

What do you mean by "multiple calendars" ? Do you mean to have multiple instance of RadScheduler on the same page?
Say i want a Public Calendar, Sports Calendar, Holiday Calendar, My Personal Calendar and so on. Ability to select different calendars. So the events are attached to a calendar. 

I am not sure what you mean. Please give us some more details.
Most calendar apps. (Schedulers) show the details to the event or task as a popup when you click on it. Usually the event or task on the calendar is only a title and when you click on it you see more info. What i don;t like is the popup window with more info. 

Recurrence view

Again :)
The last calendar (Sheduler) app that i created i made it so that a user could click on an event or task and see the details along with a 12 month recurrence.
>> Go to http://cnyems.org/ and click on "Go to Calendar" link on the right.
>> Select June 2006 from drop down
>> Click on Managing Civil Actions on the 21st
>> Clcik on "View Recurrence" link
There you will see what i mean.

Time view

And again :)
My thought here was if i had a calendar called "My Calendar" and i was the only one that saw it i could go in there and look at the time view and see a timeline of the days event for me. 

Security

RadScheduler won't come with built-in security mechanisms since every developer has different security requirements and we cannot force him to use ours. That's why it will be the developer who should decide which events are visible and which are not based on the application security implementation.
Yeah i didn;t think you would build the security. Only that the creation of events would be easy enough to rap anyone security around. I think you answered this one so that i know i could do so. 

Based on those questions I think that there is some sort of misunderstanding about  RadScheduler. It won't be a stand-alone Outlook-like web application. It would be a web control which would allow task (appointment) creation with rich API allowing customization.
So will there be an interface that allows us to enter the events/tasks? If i understand you correctly you are only building the UI to display the events and not submit them. I'm not sure if this is what you are saying although having some examples of how events should be entered, saved, updated and deleted in the database as well as a scripted DB model of how the calendar events/tasks are stored would helpful. Especially if you are using iCal.

Thank you very much and i am very sorry about the questions.

Jason

Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 25 Apr 2007, 09:37 PM
Jason-

Let me bridge the time gap a little here and answer some of your new questions:

1. Regarding multiple calendars- I think is a scenario that you'd be expected to implement using RadScheduler by databinding it to different calendar event sources. Whether you can bind multiple datasources to the same Scheduler UI at the same time I don't know, but I expect that won't be a version 1 feature.

2. Regarding detail views- As far as I understand, RadScheduler will have two detail views out of the box- inline (like Outlook calendar) and advanced (with a "window" or panel for viewing/editing details).

3. Regarding the stand alone app clarification- RadScheduler will have elements that enable you to enter and view task information (inline and advanced, I think). The point Atanas is making, though, is that RadScheduler is still supposed a UI server control that you use to build a full featured application instead a full featured scheduling application out of the box. That means it will have a rich API and support for common tasks but will mostly leave the plumbing and advanced scenarios up to the developer (like RadGrid). Does that make sense?
I think the preview in May will be a good time to check back in and see some real examples of RadScheduler. Even though the control won't officially ship until September, the May preview will definitely answer a lot of your outstanding questions.

If I've missed anything, I'm sure Atanas will provide more details tomorrow.

Thanks~
Todd
Atanas Korchev
Telerik team
answered on 26 Apr 2007, 10:15 AM
Hi,

Up to your questions :)

What i meant was if i pick a task that is recurring can i change the patturn from there into the future.

Yes, RadScheduler will ask you if you want to edit the series or that particular item. If you edit the series you would change the whole recurrence pattern.

Say i want a Public Calendar, Sports Calendar, Holiday Calendar, My Personal Calendar and so on. Ability to select different calendars. So the events are attached to a calendar.

I agree with Todd on this one - in RadScheduler v1 you would need to bind it to different datasources to achieve different calendars.

Our implementation would be similar to google calendar. By default only the title (subject) would be visible. The user can then view the details in a separate form replacing RadScheduler.

Recurrence view

Thanks for the clarification. We don't think we would support that in RadScheduler v1. However it is worth logging for the  future.

Time View

We will probably implement that as an example - filtering tasks by assigned resource (user).

Regarding RadScheduler UI

We have implemented something similar to google calendar. The user clicks inside the view and adds a task there. She can also choose "Advanced edit" to edit the recurrence pattern or assign resources.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Atanas Korchev,
the telerik team

Nathan Heberley
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 May 2007, 08:14 AM
I must agree with some of the other posts here and express my deep disapointment with the decision not to release a .Net 1.1 version.

We use Telerik controls were ever possible, if Telerik already does it we dont bother looking for anything else.

So I must ask, does anyone know of a good scheduler component which also has a skinning capability becuase unfortunitly we have systems based on 1.1 and have no plans on upgrading them at the moment.

Nathan
Dave Navarro
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 May 2007, 05:00 PM
Hello Nathan,

Take a look at the WebPlanner control from tms software. Their url is http://www.tmssoftware.com/. Follow the links on the left navigation to ASP.Net, then select Web Planner.

This is an easy to implement solution that we've started using since learning the news that telerik will not be implementing an ASP.Net 1.1 compatible control.

It's also priced well so it's easy on the pocket book. One thing though, is that the ASP.Net 1.1 version is not compatible with the telerik AJAX framework - at least not that I've been able to see but we're not finished testing it. So, your users will have to experience a postback when working with this control.

Please let me know if you find anything else out there that is compatible with the telerik ajax framework.

Thanks, good luck and happy coding!

Dave Navarro
Jakub Wilk
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 22 May 2007, 09:25 AM
Hello Telerik,
can you confirm that Scheduler 1st version (Bete or PreRelease) will be able to dowload till month end, that we will be able to test it, and maybe partialy implement withing our products,

Thanks,

Jakub Wilk
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 22 May 2007, 04:06 PM
Hello Jakub Wilk,

We are still working on fundamental features for the scheduler and we are not yet ready for a stable preview. RadScheduler will be showcased at TechEd in the beginning of June so you should expect a preview on our website around that time (a couple of weeks later than originally planned).

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Ivo
the Telerik team

don
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jun 2007, 10:32 PM
Scheduler looks great, are their any plans to provide a api to link to ms project to enable scheduled activities and theor attributes to be loaded in/passed to radscheduler, and if required; edited and passed back to ms project.

In my application project managers don't want to double entry into another tool.
MB
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2007, 03:41 AM
Is there a preview up yet??
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jun 2007, 03:08 PM
Hello Mike,

RadScheduler is being presented at TechEd this week. If you are attending the event please stop by Booth#515 for a presentation on the key features and capabilities. A beta version will be available from our website in the coming couple of weeks -- we are still running final testing before the beta release as well as filling in on the documentation and the live demos.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Greetings,
Ivo
the Telerik team

Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 07 Jun 2007, 04:25 PM
Helli Ivo.

Two weeks ago you answered us all "will be showcased at TechEd in the beginning of June so you should expect a preview on our website around that time" and now you are saying another weeks still?
Are you delayed again or what?

Regards Pelle
MB
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jun 2007, 10:37 AM
No problem with the beta taking a few more weeks (or whatever) I was just hoping that there might be a preview, even if just some screen-shots from the TechEd demo with some covering blurb, so we can get a better idea of what is coming in the first version.

I have an immediate need for this type of control (I have to implement an event calendaring and scheduling system for a sporting association) and I have the choices of writing my own solution, implementing another vendor's component(s) or waiting for Telerik's solution.

The later would suit me better, as I'm basically lazy at heart and would rather not mix component vendors, but I need to get some idea of what I can expect from this control, so I can start my planning & design now.

Cheers,

-- MB.
Jakub Wilk
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Jun 2007, 01:37 PM
Fully agree with MB, also waiting for preview or even pre beta version, just to check,

please specify some dates,

Best regards,

jakub wilk
Jon Hobbs
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jun 2007, 01:42 PM
I need the whole thing, preferably working :)

I really don't want to have to use another vendor, just need to know a release date so I can make a decision as I have left the events calendar till last on the project but still need to get it done soon.
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Jun 2007, 02:25 PM
MB

Just for clarification, I wrote preview, not beta. ;)
i can wait for beta some weeks still, but the preview i am curious about. :)
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Jun 2007, 08:58 PM
Hey guys-

Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with this thread. I am getting back from TechEd tomorrow, so I figured I'd start to catch-up on some of these backlogged requests while I wait for a plane.

First, the RadScheduler will be part of the Q2 release (due in late September). We will be releasing a "beta" (more like a CTP since it won't be feature complete) in a couple of weeks on Telerik.com.

In the mean time, I will be posting more screenshots and videos of the RadScheduler preview we showed-off last week when I get back to the office (so late this week, early next). That should help you start to get a feel for what's going on with the control.

I'm glad there is a lot of excitement building around this control. It already looks very good in its early dev builds and it was a big hit at TechEd. Watch for more details soon.

Thanks~
Todd
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2007, 07:00 AM
Hello,

In case you've missed Todd's blogpost -- here it is:
more RadScheduler details

The blogpost discusses some of the key features of the new scheduling control and provides a gallery of screenshots of RadScheduler's look and feel.

Sincerely yours,
Ivo
the Telerik team

MB
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Jul 2007, 08:08 AM
On June-13 Todd said:: "We will be releasing a "beta" (more like a CTP since it won't be feature complete) in a couple of weeks on Telerik.com."

That's about 3 weeks ago now.

Not wanting to sound anything more than simply keen to play with it, but... any more news on how this is progressing ??
Hessner
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Jul 2007, 11:00 AM
I am also looking forward to work with this control. We have talked about it over the years, and I am very excited that it's "allmost here".
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Jul 2007, 05:21 PM
MB-

Check out my blog post from yesterday:

http://telerikwatch.com/2007/07/radscheduler-preview-
available-tomorrow.html

Unfortunately, it appears the RadScheduler preview has been delayed for at least another day. I will be confirming its arrival tomorrow with the product teams, so stay tuned for a new date or the preview release. Sorry for the confusion.

-Todd

Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2007, 01:27 PM
Hello,

RadControls Prometheus "Futures" release is now available for download. It includes the brand new RadScheduler as well as a much improved new version of RadChart.

More details are available in this forum post.

Kind regards,
Ivo
the Telerik team

Sami Poimala
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2007, 12:24 PM
Would it possible to implement not only daily, weekly or monthly views but custom views? Say, I'd want to show three months at the time. Or six months. Or a year.
Also, I'd like to control the display precision. Now it's one hour in day and week views and one day in month view. I'd need a view by weeks. Ultimately, I'd want a display of three months and unit being a week, and then show a gantt chart.
But why not make the unit and display range dynamic?
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Jul 2007, 02:56 PM
Sami-

That is great feedback. I do not think dynamic display varieties as you've described them will make version 1, but I know they're on the TODO list for future versions. In this first version, there will only be day, week, and month views, but you will have the ability to customize those views (such as adjusting the number of hours in a day view, adjusting the number of days in a week view, etc.).

I've also seen the Gantt chart request before (sometimes called "timeline view"), so I know that's also on the TODO list. Right now I think the team is working on releasing a very solid version 1, but you can bet more advanced features will show-up soon.

Thanks~
Todd
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2007, 03:06 PM
Hello Sami Poimala,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are indeed considering custom views. Can you draft the GANTT chart you are describing as I am not sure how it will look?

The units in day and week view can be changed, we will consider finer grained units in the month view, too.

Note, these features might turn out to be pretty complex to implement. If we decide to implement them, most probably they will not be included in version 1.0 of RadScheduler.

Best regards,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team

Tim Larson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2007, 03:13 PM
For the gantt "Timeline" view, I would like it to look like Microsoft Project.
Raj
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2007, 03:36 PM
Please take a look at the feedback from me in the thread below.  I think the view I was describing there is somewaht similar to the description of Gantt chart and MS project

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-mhkha.aspx
Paige Cook
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Jul 2007, 04:47 PM
My group has been doing some extensive proof of concept work with the demo version of the WebScheduler from ComponentGo. We are going to be tasked with creating a schedule book for scheduling people to cover news stories. The ComponentGo control does the best job in our opinion of displaying multiple resources and displaying in what I would call a Gantt chart style.

Thanks.
Nathan Heberley
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 10 Jul 2007, 11:42 PM
Hey guys

I must admit that I have been contemplating migrating our solutions from .Net 1.1 to 2 because in the past we have had allot of interest from some of our clients (requests mainly from hair salons and legal services) to make a scheduling system.

I have been happily waiting to see what would become of the telerik scheduling component and I think that you have hamstrung your first release by not allowing modifiable time periods. Our legal clients generally have a flat charge per time unit such as 6 or 15 minutes and our hair salons book people in for 30 minute sessions (or multiples)

Having a flat one hour time interval would make this control utterly useless for our clients needs. Is there any estimated time frame for this functionality to be implemented ? Once there is we can get the guys to start the migration process, otherwise I wouldn't want to waste our resources hoping to build a scheduling system that ended up being unsalable.

I hope you guys understand because I love not only the brilliant products released but also the quick and efficient customer support which we have never had with any other component provider.

Have a great day
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Jul 2007, 01:41 AM
Nathan-

Thanks for the feedback. Have you had a chance to play with the preview release yet? In the first release, it will be possible to schedule appoints for any interval necessary (such as 30 mintues or 6 minutes or whatever). You can change an appointment's time by dragging to resize it or by editing it in the "More" details screen. You can also interface with the Scheduler programmatically to have a form automatically add events with the correct time.

I'm not sure if that is what you were talking about, though. Are you talking about changing the scale of the time on the left hand side of the Day/Week views? If so, you are correct that you will not be able to change the interval of the time in the first release (though you can adjust how many hours are displayed), but you can bet that will be a top priority for a future Scheduler version.

Your input on how this feature should work is appreciated. Do you need absolute custom control over the interval or would a "zoom" feature that displayed (let's say) 2 rows per 30 minutes (i.e. every 15 minutes) or 3 rows per 30 minutes (i.e. every 10 minutes) be enough?

Thanks~
Todd
Nathan Heberley
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Jul 2007, 05:08 AM
Giday Todd

I was thinking about changing the scale on the left hand side of the control. If the user had to reschedule something it would be annoying to have to go to the advanced edit mode to alter the details I could see mistakes in bookings occuring. If the organisation had a predefined time interval for the day mode then it would only be natural for the scheduler to reflect this.
If there was a property that could be exposed where the time interval was defined this would be ideal (eg I would write the scheduler to have an options area where general settings such as LHS interval would be defined along with work hours etc etc)

In regards to the display I'm imagining that it would have one row per time interval. The zoom feature that you mentioned would be fine as long as it was clear to the user what each row ment so that they would make correct alterations of the events.
T. Tsonev
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jul 2007, 08:20 AM
Hi Nathan Heberley,

If I understand correctly you need greater time resolution for your application. I have attached a screenshot that demonstrates the MinutesPerRow property (implemented and available in the Futures build). Is this sufficient?

Greetings,
Tsvetomir Tsonev
the Telerik team

Sami Poimala
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2007, 09:51 AM
Todd and Tsvetomir,

Indeed, the "timeline view" is what I'm looking for. Here's a picture of what would it look like: Timeline view

The numbers are week numbers.

Nathan Heberley
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 11 Jul 2007, 09:55 AM
Giday Tsvetomir

This would be fine as long as the time resolution selected was apparent to the person using the control (eg as long as they didnt think to themselves now is that line 3.06am or 3.12am.)

Thanks for the quick replys guys

Nath
Ryan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Aug 2007, 05:51 PM
Multiple Times Per Day:

I am excited about this tool.  Are you planning to add functionality to support multiple times per day?  Example:  Remind me 3 times per day to take my medicine.

Believe it or not, I have more than one client requesting this functionality.

Thanks,
Ryan
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 20 Aug 2007, 08:33 PM
Ryan-

RadScheduler implements the standard iCalendar protocol to define recurrence patterns, so any recurrence pattern that is possible with iCal should be supported by Scheduler. You may have to take a programmatic approach to add some events to the Scheduler that are not natively supported in the default "Advanced Task" screen, but that shouldn't be hard to do with the Scheduler API.

That said, I'm not sure if the iCal format supports irregular inter-day recurrence. You can read-up on the format and try to determine that by starting here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar

Hope that helps~
Todd
VB.Net
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Aug 2009, 02:01 PM
Hi,
I am using RADScheduler, and it is in a usercontrol (say Month.ascx). I have created a usercontrol (say Template.ascx) for AppintmentTemplate, and I added the following code for the click event of the template user control (Template.ascx). :

Me

.parentDiv.Attributes.Item("OnClick") = Me.Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(Me, "Click")
In Template.ascx, I implemented IPostBackEventHandler and RaisePostBackEvent.
Now I want catch the bubble event in Month.ascx OnBubbleEvent. as below: 

Protected 

Overrides Function OnBubbleEvent(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) As Boolean

Return False ' To return to the parent aspx page.

End Function
The Click event on Template User control is raising the postback, but I am not able to catch the bubbleevent on the month user control's OnBubbleEvent...
Waiting for your reply...
Thanks.

Mladen Maljkovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2010, 05:57 AM

Hi Telrick team

we are using Telerik Rad Scheduler control (Version number:2009.02.0826.20) in our application. Thanks for providig such a nice control.
We have come accross a new requirement from one of our Clients where we need to Club both Saturday and Sunday columns (instead of displaying them with two separate columns) in both Week & Month view of the calendar conrol. We would like to buy -in your thoughts about this and wanted to get the confirmation from your end about whether the telerik control would support this behaviour.

Peter
Telerik team
answered on 10 Dec 2010, 06:52 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your interest in RadScheduler.

Unfortunately, this is not supported. We will consider your suggestion, but I cannot say for sure if we will implement this feature eventually.

Greetings,
Peter
the Telerik team

siva sankar
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2011, 02:33 PM
Hi,

Iam using radscheduler version 2010 Q2, There is any possibilty to show Reminders for an appoientment even we are  not in scheduler page. i.e Display Reminder when we are in any page of Website  

Thanks 
Sanker .
Peter
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2011, 10:15 AM
Hi Siva,

You need a RadScheduler instance to display reminders.

Greetings,
Peter
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Shine
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Feb 2012, 07:52 AM
Hi

Can I use MinutesPerRow in 2010.1.10.409 version?
Because I can't find this property (MinutesPerRow) in my RadScheduler control.

Thanks & Regards
Shine
Kishor
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 02 May 2014, 05:57 AM
hi Atanas

Please tell me how to increase space between next prev arrow in radschedular as shown in your attached post.

thanks
Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 05 May 2014, 10:48 AM
Hi,

Here is the CSS that will help you move the arrow a but left:
.rsNextDay {
         position: relative;
         left: 10px !important;
     }

Regards,
Plamen
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

jo lam
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Feb 2015, 10:56 PM
Hi Everyone,

Can someone indicate to me if I can bind the resources (resources Grouping) to a table, thanks?
A little example would be more appreciated.

Thanks

Plamen
Telerik team
answered on 05 Feb 2016, 10:42 AM
Hello,

You can refer to this help topic where similar information is provided.

Regards,
Plamen
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jon Hobbs
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
Jon Hobbs
Top achievements