This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RAD Rotator?

8 Answers 156 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
digitall
Top achievements
Rank 1
digitall asked on 24 Apr 2008, 12:08 AM
Are there plans to bring the RAD Rotator control into the ASP.NET AJAX control suite? I was disappointed to see that I have to go back to the old controls to make a nice image gallery control.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2008, 12:10 PM
Hello digitall,

We plan to migrate RadRotator to our RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite (formerly known as Prometheus) for the Q2 2008 release, expected in the middle of this year. If you intend to use the Classic version of RadRotator, you can still download it individually from your Client.net account -> My Licenses -> My Free Trials --> RadControls for ASP.NET section.

Best wishes,
Paul
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Mike Faulkinbury
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jun 2008, 03:35 AM
I'm a new customer and just tried to find the Trial RADRotator where mentioned and it doesn't appear to be listed anymore.

Any update on how long until the Q2 release or help obtaining the trial version for a new ASP.net AJAX customer would be appreciated.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jun 2008, 08:03 AM
Hi Mike,

Currently we are reworking the RadRotator control and once we are ready, we will release a preview (Futures) build. This should happen in the beginning of July.

Kind regards,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Mike Faulkinbury
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Jun 2008, 01:03 PM
Is there any way to get the Trial version of the Classic RadRotator in the interim?

I'm surprised to find that RadControls for ASP.Net (Classic) does not appear in my list of free trials.
Georgi Tunev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jun 2008, 01:21 PM
Hi again Mike,

Just open a support ticket and put a link to this forum thread for a reference. I will send you the trial version right away.

All the best,
Georgi Tunev
the Telerik team

Oleg Fridman
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Jul 2008, 05:56 PM
It was mentioned that the RadRotator would be available in early July. What is the word on this?
digitall
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Jul 2008, 06:01 PM
According to Todd Anglin (Telerik Watch), Q2 2008 should be coming any day now. I believe Telerik follows suit with Microsoft and releases new stuff on Tuesdays so I would check tomorrow to see if that is what they are doing.
Kevin Babcock
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2008, 02:13 AM
Hello Oleg,

The Futures release happened a couple of weeks ago. In case you missed it, the announcement is here. You can check out some of the Futures demos here. Those should hold you off until the official Q2 release (which will happen very soon).

Sincerely,
Kevin Babcock
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
digitall
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Paul
Telerik team
Mike Faulkinbury