Rad Ribbon Bar in Sharepoint 2010

5 posts, 0 answers
  1. Raju
    Raju avatar
    3 posts

Posted 28 Mar 2011 Link to this post

Hi,

I used RadRibbonBar in a web application and it is working fine. When I try to implement the same functionality in Sharepoint it is throwing me the below java script error.

Line: 687
    Char: 1
    Code: 0
    URI: http://sp10:7567/ScriptResource.axd?d=V3NQw2_0mRjfNhKRqWWLkl1Da14N4Nt1VoeCxPJC4OX8-gEw_jApkSex9i-hewFKKfi2PQo62kgBgWgGf0EAfZ8hASjRpJDsjUE_ZesBFeKHQ54fzPeK57EkcPvD1m-rHkliJ8j3otvGvr7IvdNEiN7U8uIaQ6FXPXKUZ6j2RDOId3j27SlVZEzj-y11rnEU9XVzZg2&t=73d632da

I am getting the above error in IE only. Same is working fine with Chrome.

If any one knows the reason please let me know ASAP.

Regards,
     Raju

2. Kalina
    Admin
    Kalina avatar
    918 posts

Posted 30 Mar 2011 Link to this post

Hello Raju,

We are currently trying to reproduce the issue, but we will need more details:
    What is the version of SharePoint that you use?
    Could you please explain your RadRibbonBar implementation in more details?
    Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Kalina
    the Telerik team
  3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Raju
    Raju avatar
    3 posts

Posted 30 Mar 2011 Link to this post

Hi,

Sharepoint version we are using is - Sharepoint 2010 Server 

The code we are using is.

<telerik:RadRibbonBar ID="RadRibbonBar1" runat="server" Width="800px" Style="max-width: 800px;"
                Skin="Outlook" EnableEmbeddedSkins="true" EnableEmbeddedScripts="true">
                <telerik:RibbonBarTab Text="">
                    <telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                        <Items>
                             <telerik:RibbonBarButtonStrip>
                                <Buttons>
                                    <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Small" Text="IncreaseFontSize" ImageUrl="icons/A_big.png" />
                                    <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Small" Text="DecreaseFontSize" ImageUrl="icons/A_small.png" />
                                    <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Small" Text="Clear" ImageUrl="icons/clear.png" />
                                </Buttons>
                            </telerik:RibbonBarButtonStrip>
                            <telerik:RibbonBarButtonStrip>
                                <Buttons>
                                    <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Small" Text="FillColor" ImageUrl="icons/FillColor.png" />
                                    <telerik:RibbonBarButton Size="Small" Text="FontColor" ImageUrl="icons/FontColor.png" />
                                </Buttons>
                            </telerik:RibbonBarButtonStrip>
                        </Items>
                    </telerik:RibbonBarGroup>
                </telerik:RibbonBarTab>
            </telerik:RadRibbonBar>

The above mentioned code is working fine with Chrome and Firefox browsers and not working when we are using IE 8. But for us, IE is critical because, the client use only IE.

We did not make any change to the web.config file.

Regards,
          Raju

5. Kalina
    Admin
    Kalina avatar
    918 posts

Posted 04 Apr 2011 Link to this post

Hi Raju,

I tried to reproduce the issue using your markup - but without success.
    What do you mean by "not working when we are using IE 8"? Do you receive any error message?

What happens if you uncheck the "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" checkbox in IE8 menu (it is located in Tools -> Compatibility View Settings)?

Greetings,
    Kalina
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  6. Raju
    Raju avatar
    3 posts

Posted 05 Apr 2011 Link to this post

Hi,

It is working fine once  I uncheck "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" checkbox in IE8. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Regards,
      Raju

UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017