This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad panes always in tabbed document mode

2 Answers 20 Views
Docking
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rakesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rakesh asked on 07 Jan 2015, 10:58 AM
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to have rad panes in tabbed document mode only.
Here is what I'm doing :
I am creating a rad pane in floating mode and making the left,top, right & bottom indicators of the compass to false. When I place the rad pane in the center, it'll be in tabbed document mode. For further rad panes that I create, I should be able to place it inside the already available pane( at the center), but in all directions (left, top, right, bottom & center), so that the new rad pane will also be a tabbed document, but is able to be placed in all directions. Is there a way to achieve this functionality?

Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh Chandru

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Geri
Telerik team
answered on 08 Jan 2015, 03:40 PM
Hi Rakesh,

If you hide the RootCompass you will be able to dock a Pane in the DocumentHost and then dock additional panes only in the first one. Attached you can find a sample project showcasing the hiding of the RootCompass. 

It would be great if you could give it a try and let us know if this works for you.

Regards,
Geri
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Rakesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jan 2015, 08:11 AM
Hi Geri,

Thank you for your reply. This is exactly what I was looking for and it works fine.

Thanks & Regards,
Rakesh
Tags
Docking
Asked by
Rakesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Geri
Telerik team
Rakesh