This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad Grid drag and Drop feature is not working in chrome browser when zoom level is not 100%

9 Answers 208 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gaurav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gaurav asked on 07 Aug 2013, 09:26 AM
Hi ,

In my project , i am using Rad grid drag and drop functionality. In chrome when the zoom level is not 100%, this feature is not working. This issue doesn't happen in IE.

I checked the telerik demo site and this issue is also reproducible there
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/programming/draganddrop/defaultcs.aspx

i am using chrome version 28.0.1500.95

Please let me know if there is any fix for the issue.

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Angel Petrov
Telerik team
answered on 12 Aug 2013, 07:01 AM
Hi Gaurav,

I am sorry to say but the browser's zooming functionality is not fully supported. The reason for this is that it behaves differently in different browsers and is not standardized. However we have logged this into our system and our developers will investigate it and provide a solution if possible(you can monitor the status of the problem from this link).

Regards,
Angel Petrov
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Jan 2018, 06:41 PM
Any change to Chrome zoom support.  Not only is the drag and drop functionality not working but clicking on the column heading doesn't always sort when zoom is not 100%.
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 12 Jan 2018, 04:00 PM
Hello Paul,

Can you please confirm that you are experience the reported troubles with the Chrome browser zoom in the following demos:

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/overview/defaultcs.aspx

and

https://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/grid/examples/columns-rows/rows/drag-and-drop/defaultcs.aspx.

Would it be possible to record a video or screenshots and send them to see the problems in action.

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Danny
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Feb 2018, 04:30 PM

Hello

Is there any update on this. It is quite urgent, as we have signed up a customer that needs to zoom their browser in order to read the text. 

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2018, 02:58 PM
Hello Danny,

The issue has been reproduced and recognized as a bug. I logged it for fixing in our bug tracking system here.

Until its get fixed you can try to:
  • increase the font size of the page and/or RadGrid and it won't be needed for your customer to zoom the page - see the Fonts article
  • instruct him/her to use an alternative browser since this is Chrome only specific problem.

Best regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik
Try our brand new, jQuery-free Angular components built from ground-up which deliver the business app essential building blocks - a grid component, data visualization (charts) and form elements.
Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Nov 2019, 04:53 PM

I am have same trouble not with RadGrid but with telerik:RadFileExplorer. I don' know if i should post that here but it made sense to me since related if not the same exact problem.

For radgrid, this  was reported in 2013 and again 2018 - almost 2 years ago, and I see suggestion is to make your font larger so user doesn't need to zoom, but this also doesn't work when smaller zoom (less than 100%) either.  Our users like to see more on page so they shrink pages.  Now I need to instruct them to ... If using Google Chrome, be sure to be at 100% or don't use chrome? 

Related links indicate it "will be fixed in R2 2018" - but I cant find any confirmation of fix in ether

(https://feedback.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/1377508-cannot-reorder-grid-columns-when-chrome-zoom-is-different-from-100)

or

(https://feedback.telerik.com/Project/108/Feedback/Details/52656-radgrid-items-drag-drop-functionality-does-not-work-correctly-when-chrome-is-zoom)  

I also saw the workaround, but that's for radgrid so not applicable to RadFileExplorer.

I don't know if your fix to RadGrid will also fix telerik:RadFileExplorer.  So I do not wish to go thru the cost in time of Dev and testing to update to R2 2018 (or later) to SEE if its fixed, we need to KNOW that its fixed first.    

Can you please Indicate IF this has been fixed or not, and if fixed in telerik:RadFileExplorer, and in what release.  - Thank you very much

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 06 Nov 2019, 02:52 PM

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the confusion!

The long story short - the problem was fixed in 2018.

The issue reported in

is fixed in R2 2018. I've updated both feedback portal items to indicate the release where the bug is fixed.

You can also verify the fix at the following demo: Grid - Items Drag-and-drop.

If you upgrade to the most recent version or at least R2 2018, you should not experience problems with the FileExplorer too since the grid in it will include the fix.

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Christopher
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Nov 2019, 03:42 PM

Thank you Ruman.

With your response in hand regarding the drag drop fix applying to RadFileExplorer as well, it was worth taking the time upgrade to (2019.3.1023).   

The drag and drop now works with differing browser scales besides 100%.

Apologies for being a bit particular, but we have the cost of our dev life cycle to consider when upgrading Telerik, and the cost had to be justified.

Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 25 Nov 2019, 05:51 PM

You are welcome, Christopher! Thank you for your decision and for the update. It is perfect that you decided to migrate to the latest and greatest version!

Regards,
Rumen
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Gaurav
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Angel Petrov
Telerik team
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1