This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad Editor Issues

14 Answers 178 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Anbu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Anbu asked on 25 Nov 2013, 11:32 AM
I am using RadEditor i have a problem, when <a> tag is not closed then its rendering unwanted duplicate tags.

Before:
<a class="inorya" href="#menu" target="blank"> click to go</a></p>

After:
<p>
<a class="inorya" href="#menu" target="blank"> click to go</p>

Expected Output:

when i change to some other view say design or preview and again after returning to html i get

<p>
<a class="inorya" href="#menu" target="blank">
<p>

Thanks in advance

14 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Anbu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Nov 2013, 12:21 PM
pls help
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 28 Nov 2013, 08:12 AM
Hello Anbu,

I tried to reproduce the problem with this live example of RadEditor, but to no avail.

Please try to use the same scenario in the above demo and get back to me with the exact steps leading to the problem.

Note that the provided HTML content is incorrect, only a closing </p> tag exists without the opening one.

It would be helpful if you could get back with more details about the configuration:
  • Are there any Content Filters disabled or enabled?
  • Are there any JavaScript errors?
  • Can you provide a valid HTML code, with which the problem is reproducible?

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Anbu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Dec 2013, 12:54 PM
I am checked my code in above demo: but not working

my code:
<p><a href="#menu" class="inorya" target="blank"> click to go 1 </a></p>
<p>hi</p>
<p><a href="#menu" class="inorya" target="blank"> click to go  2</a></p>

when I am put in HTML code its working fine. now I am not closing first </a>.
<p><a href="#menu" class="inorya" target="blank"> click to go 1 </p>
<p>hi</p>
<p><a href="#menu" class="inorya" target="blank"> click to go  2</a></p>

then switch to HTML to Design or vice versa.
my Html I got like this:

<p><a href="#menu" class="inorya" target="blank"> click to go 1 </a></p>
<a href="#menu" class="inorya" target="blank">
<p>hi</p>
</a>
<p><a href="#menu" class="inorya" target="blank"></a><a href="#menu" class="inorya" target="blank"> click to go  2</a></p>

I provided in  RadEditor  as

<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" StripFormattingOptions="All" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad"

ContentFilters="FixEnclosingP,EncodeScripts,OptimizeSpans,IndentHTMLContent,MozEmStrong,ConvertFontToSpan,FixUlBoldItalic" EditModes="All" AllowScripts="true" Height="500px" Width="600px" ImageManager-EnableImageEditor="true"

ContentAreaMode="Iframe" NewLineMode="P" NewLineBr="false" OnClientSubmit="OnClientSubmit" OnClientModeChange="OnClientModeChange" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="false">

Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 04 Dec 2013, 01:58 PM
Hello Anbu,

I am unable to reproduce the described problem with the provided information.

Nevertheless, note that you should use the RadEditor control with valid HTML code, not closed anchor elements are invalid accordingly to the W3C specifications.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Anbu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Mar 2014, 11:45 AM
I am using RadEditor in web page
like as :
​ <telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad"
ContentFilters="None" AllowScripts="true" Height="450px" Width="600px"
ContentAreaMode="Iframe" NewLineMode="P" NewLineBr="false" OnClientSubmit="OnClientSubmit" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="false" ToolsFile="~/FullSetOfTools.xml" ToolbarMode="ShowOnFocus" ToolsWidth="0px">
</telerik:RadEditor>

lets I have problem for giving Editmode as html.
eg:
I am giving Editmode="Html"; for above code.while page load the focus has been directly to  editor .
but if I am changed  Editmode="Design or Preview";its working fine for landing the page.

I need your help.... 
what I need means I using Editmode as Html but the focus not goes to editor. 
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2014, 12:12 PM
Hi Anbu,

Note that the ContentFilter property is set to none, by that you have disabled any possibility for the RadEditor control to correct the HTML content.

You would be able to resolve this by setting ContentFilters="DefaultFilters". Setting this to none is leaving the content to handled by the browser and furthermore there is no applicable approach to correct this behavior.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Anbu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2014, 04:10 AM
hi 

I changed above code with my code...its not working

while page load focus directly goes to RadEditor.

<telerik:RadEditor ID="RadEditor1" runat="server" OnClientLoad="OnClientLoad" EditModes="Html"  ContentFilters="DefaultFilters"
  AllowScripts="true" Height="450px" Width="600px"
ContentAreaMode="Iframe" NewLineMode="P" NewLineBr="false" OnClientSubmit="OnClientSubmit" EnableAjaxSkinRendering="false" ToolsFile="~/FullSetOfTools.xml" ToolbarMode="ShowOnFocus" ToolsWidth="0px">
< /telerik:RadEditor>
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 27 Mar 2014, 09:28 AM
Hi Anbu,

I am somehow confused on the encountered problem.

Is this a problem related to the anchor elements in the content as you firstly mentioned or a problem related to the focus of the editor. 

Because I am unable to determine what exactly is the encountered issue, I would like to ask you to provide a simple project that demonstrates the problem along with exact steps leading to the issue, so that I could be sure that I am following the same scenario that is leading to the described behavior.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Build cross-platform mobile apps using Visual Studio and .NET. Register for the online webinar on 03/27/2014, 11:00AM US ET.. Seats are limited.

Anbu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2014, 12:13 PM
I fixed my RadEditor focus problem.

while I am using in IE 11 is working.while I switch to chorme I got error .

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'style' of null Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_ctl00_scriptmanager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_Com…:22149
a.RadEditor.initialize
Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_ctl00_scriptmanager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_Com…:22149
Sys.Component.endUpdate
Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_ctl00_scriptmanager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_Com…:6
Sys._Application.endCreateComponents
Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_ctl00_scriptmanager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_Com…:6
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._scriptsLoadComplete
Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl00_ctl00_scriptmanager1_TSM&compress=1&_TSM_Com…:15
(anonymous function)
(anonymous function)
Sys._ScriptLoader._loadScriptsInternal
Sys._ScriptLoader._nextSession
Sys._ScriptLoader._scriptLoadedHandler
(anonymous function)
(anonymous function)

how to solve ?please help?
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2014, 01:42 PM
Hi Anbu,

Please provide more details about the configuration that leads to the described problem, so that I could be able to investigate it.

Using a simple RadEditor control under Chrome on my end does not lead to any unexpected behavior.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Laura
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Jul 2014, 04:30 PM
I was testing the RadEditor demo you have here
http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/rtfexport/defaultcs.aspx

I exported the content from your demo (no changes on my side).
The document created has the line breaks in wrong places, words at the end of the lines are getting split.
Is this a known issue?
I tested it with :
- Google Chorome Version 36.0.1985.125
- IE 11

I tried to attach to this post a doc that has 2KB and I get the message:
The selected file(s) cannot be attached because it may exceed the maximum attachment size (2 MB) or is from not allowed type (allowed: .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png).

Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 01 Aug 2014, 11:31 AM
Hi Laura,

I have answered you to the same question in the forum thread, originally opened by you.

Please, let us continue the conversation in the original forum thread to keep the information trough the threads concise and concrete.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

sandhya
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Oct 2016, 11:53 AM

Hi,

Could you please help me out with the below issue of Rad Editor.

Unable to get property 'set_html' of undefined or null reference

Code : iframe_EmailBody.contentWindow.setHtml(bodyContent);

Please help!!

Regards,

Sandhya.

Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 25 Oct 2016, 01:04 PM

Hello sandhya,

I am unable to see how this question is related to the forum thread here. Also, I am unable to identify how this line of code is related to RadEditor's client-side API.

I suggest you opening a new forum thread with more details about the error you get and provide some further details like steps-to-reproduce, code examples and so on.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik by Progress
Check out the new UI for ASP.NET Core, the most complete UI suite for ASP.NET Core development on the market, with 60+ tried-and-tested widgets, based on Kendo UI.
Tags
Editor
Asked by
Anbu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Anbu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ianko
Telerik team