This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RAD Editor for SharePoint 2010 Youtube issue

3 Answers 31 Views
Editor
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Platinum
Top achievements
Rank 1
Platinum asked on 12 Jul 2014, 11:12 AM
Hi,

I am using telerik RAD Editor for SharePoint 2010.

I have enabled the property <tool name="InsertExternalVideo"/> in the Rad Editior configuration.

I am able to see the dialog in the editor, however the youtube or vimeo video content gets stripped off when the publishing page is saved.

Is there any special settings need to be enabled to save the Video content in the page ?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2014, 07:30 AM
Hello,

The RadEditor InsertExternalVideo dialog uses iframe to show the video. 

In SharePoint usage of iframe elements is not recommenced and especially using it in an editable web part page could be restricted due to security reasons.

The iframe elemnts are not stripped from the RadEditor controls. You can this thread for additional information.

In this Stackoverflow thread is discussed the video sharing matter under SharePoint where some suggestions are provided. As an alternative, you can implement a custom tool that adds a proper video that is supported in SharePoint.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Platinum
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2014, 07:36 AM
Do you think this method will still work for SP2010

http://www.telerik.com/forums/radeditor-for-wcm-sharepoint-specialtags-and-scripts
Ianko
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2014, 11:53 AM
Hello,

This article explains how to use RadEditor in Web Content Management scenario.

You can try implementing a similar approach as in the forum thread, but I cannot firmly assure you that it will lead you to the expected results. This matter entirelty depends on SharePoint.

Regards,
Ianko
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
Editor
Asked by
Platinum
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ianko
Telerik team
Platinum
Top achievements
Rank 1