This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

rad date picker

1 Answer 66 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sigma
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sigma asked on 17 Jul 2012, 01:11 PM
I am having an issue on multiple pages with the RadDatePicker.  If the user uses the Calendar and selects a date there is no issue, but about 35% of the time if the user manually enters the date byt typing it in it does not recognize the date as the selected date.  I am using version 2009.3.1314.35.

<telerik:RadDatePicker ID="dpMeetingDate" runat="server" MinDate="2009-01-01" Width="150px" ImagesPath="" Skin="Vista" Enabled="false">
        <Calendar UseRowHeadersAsSelectors="False" UseColumnHeadersAsSelectors="False" ViewSelectorText="x" Skin="Vista"  />
        <DatePopupButton ImageUrl="" HoverImageUrl="" />
</telerik:RadDatePicker>

when I try to save or sometimes try to filter by looking at the date entered if the user has manually entered it I get the error that no date was selected.

if (dpMeetingDate.SelectedDate == null)
{
  lblError.Text += "<br>  - Select a meeting date";
  canSave = false;

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Eyup
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jul 2012, 02:24 PM
Hello Sigma,

I have created a sample web site using the reported RadControls version to test the described behavior. On my side everything works as expected. Could you please check out the attached application and try to distinguish the crucial differences between our projects?

Additionally, you could enable your javascript debugging and see whether any script errors are interfering the functionality of the picker.

Regards,
Eyup
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Sigma
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Eyup
Telerik team
Share this question
or