Rad Cartesian Chart plotting negative values issue

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Rishabh
    Rishabh avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2013

    Posted 22 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    I am facing problem in showing two KPIS on same chart where one has positive value while other has negative value. 
    I have dropped KPI with negative value first and chart is created. But as soon as I drop second KPI on the chart, albeit it is assigned different Y axis (Y2), the 
    series for the first chart disappears. Also If I change the series type of first to some other series like Line series, it appears again. So basically Is there any issue
    in showing two bar series with positive and negative values at one time? I have attached a snapshot to make it more clear.
    Please reply asap as this is a critical issue raised. 
  2. Petar Marchev
    Admin
    Petar Marchev avatar
    968 posts

    Posted 23 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Hello Rishabh,

    I tried reproducing the described problem, but I was unable to do so. I have attached the project for your reference.

    From what I can guess the second linear axis (on the right) has a manual range. Perhaps when you add the second series, by mistake, you also set the VerticalAxis property of the firs series and it results in bars that are outside the manual range. You can debug to check whether the VerticalAxis of the first series is set or not to the VerticalAxis of the second series. If you still experience issues with this, I will ask that you send a modified version of the attached project that reproduces this so that we can investigate.

    Regards,
    Petar Marchev
    Telerik
     
    Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.
     
  3. DevCraft banner
  4. Rishabh
    Rishabh avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2013

    Posted 23 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Petar,

    Thanks for the reply but it still doesn't serve my purpose.
    I ran the project you have attached and have some queries related to it. 
    Please find attached doc for more clarity on this issue.
  5. Rishabh
    Rishabh avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2013

    Posted 23 Apr 2014 in reply to Rishabh Link to this post

    PFA 
  6. Petar Marchev
    Admin
    Petar Marchev avatar
    968 posts

    Posted 23 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Hi Rishabh,

    You did not declare this specifically, does the application show different results on your side? This should be due to a different version of the assemblies you are using. Please make sure you are using the latest version (SP), this should ensure the same output as in the image I have attached. Perhaps there was some bug in the version you are using and this bug is now fixed.

    Regards,
    Petar Marchev
    Telerik
     
    Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.
     
  7. Rishabh
    Rishabh avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2013

    Posted 24 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Thanks Petar,

    The issue is resolved with the latest version of dlls.
  8. Rishabh
    Rishabh avatar
    8 posts
    Member since:
    Dec 2013

    Posted 24 Apr 2014 Link to this post

    Thanks Petar,

    The issue is resolved with the latest dlls.
Back to Top
DevCraft banner