This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Rad

6 Answers 75 Views
Carousel
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rajini
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rajini asked on 14 Oct 2011, 04:38 PM
Hi,
       In my WPF project i want to show 5 images while we mouse over the navigation button at the time of clicking the last image next set of 5 images needs to come please help me out in this issue.

Regards,
Rajini.

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 14 Oct 2011, 04:42 PM
Hello Rajini,

Would you clarify a bit what is your exact requirement  - do you want to display only 5 items and only after you click on the last one to display the next set of 5 items ? Or do you want to be able to scroll them continuously from the last one - to the first one directly ?

Best wishes,
Maya
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Rajini
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Oct 2011, 05:01 PM
Hi,
           I'll explain with the example I have 50 records in the first list in the carousel control we can able to see like this after the navigation we can able to see rest of the records

Carousel : -                    1                   5
                                            2        4

I want like this                1    2    3    4    5                  and rest of the navigation things is fine. 

Regards,
Rajini.
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 17 Oct 2011, 06:52 AM
Hi Rajini,

Please take a look at this forum thread for a reference as well as for a sample project (CarouselHorizontalPath.zip).

All the best,
Maya
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Rajini
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Oct 2011, 08:07 AM
Hi Maya,
              Got it thank you very much my next step clarification is i wanted to know how can i customize the style for carousel control and also i wanted to know how can i get the induvidual item ID ?

Regards,
Rajini.
Maya
Telerik team
answered on 17 Oct 2011, 09:02 AM
Hi Rajini,

Generally, you can edit the template of RadCarousel with the help of  Expression Blend. You can also run through our online documentation for a reference.
Considering getting the ID of an item, the recommended way would be to work with the data items and get their properties. Which ID do you want to get - is it a property of your business object or you want to get the order of items for example ?

Best wishes,
Maya
the Telerik team

Rajini
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Oct 2011, 02:40 PM
Hi,
                 In your example(CarouselHorizontalPath.zip) you are binding the values like this

private Message[] data = new Message[] {
                new Message { Sender = "tom@hanna-barbera.com", Subject = "Cats are cool", Size = 100 },
                new Message { Sender = "jerry@hanna-barbera.com", Subject = "Mice are cool", Size = 100 },
                new Message { Sender = "spike@hanna-barbera.com", Subject = "Dogs are cool", Size = 100 },
                new Message { Sender = "jerry2@hanna-barbera.com", Subject = "2Mice are cool", Size = 200 },
                new Message { Sender = "spike2@hanna-barbera.com", Subject = "2Dogs are cool", Size = 200 },
                new Message { Sender = "jerry3@hanna-barbera.com", Subject = "3Mice are cool", Size = 300 },
                new Message { Sender = "spike3@hanna-barbera.com", Subject = "3Dogs are cool", Size = 300 }
        };
At the time of click the box i want the size value for example Size = 100 how can i get this value?  based on the click event i need to populate some value so i need this id.

In the currentitem or selecteditem always i am getting first value how can i get the current selection value?  this is the line of code

private void Rectangle_MouseDown(object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)

{

txtContent.Text = ((Navigation.Navi.Person)(sampleRadCarousel.CurrentItem)).Name.ToString();

txtLoanId.Text = ((Navigation.Navi.Person)(sampleRadCarousel.CurrentItem)).loanid.ToString();

}

Regards,
Rajini.
Tags
Carousel
Asked by
Rajini
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Maya
Telerik team