This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Question RadControls Folder: When we use 2007 Q1 & 2008 Q2 together.

2 Answers 40 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
Darren asked on 04 Sep 2008, 12:07 AM
I've asked about old version & new version compatibility before. Please see link:
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/thread/b311D-bkgtck.aspx

We are using the old & new version controls in one project and it seems to work well. But I have a new concern about the skin and scripts:
In 2007 Q1, we need to copy the folder RadControls to the root of the web application, which contains all the skin and scripts files. In 2008 Q2, we are not asked to copy any folder and it works fine. But how about we want to deploy this project to other machine? Do we need to copy any skin & script folder for 2008 Q2 to work properly? Will this folder effect 2007 Q1's function?

Thanks

Darren L.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
-DJ-
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Sep 2008, 02:30 PM
Hi Darren,

If I understand you correctly, just keep the old RadControls folder for the old controls you are still using, and don't worry about the Skins folder for the new controls as they are embedded in the .dll.

Unless of course you want to use custom skins, then you have to make sure they are present in the Skins folder.

Regards,
-DJ-
Accepted
Daniel
Telerik team
answered on 05 Sep 2008, 03:48 PM
Hello,

@Daniel: Thank you for your valuable clarification.

@Darren: As Daniel properly noticed you don't need to embed the mentioned folder because all needed resources are already integrated into assembly.

Please note that registering two skins with the same name for different versions of RadControls is likely to cause problems. It is strongly recommended that you rename one of the skins (it will be easier to rename the classic control's skin, because it is not embedded).

Regards,
Daniel
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Darren
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
-DJ-
Top achievements
Rank 1
Daniel
Telerik team