This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Queries in Q1-2010 changes

5 Answers 63 Views
Calendar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dominic Savio maria selvaraj
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dominic Savio maria selvaraj asked on 30 Mar 2010, 08:17 AM
Hi,

i have some queries on the Q1 2010 release..

1) what is the property that replaces ColumnWidthMode property?
     [ i want my RadGrid columns width to be Filled ]

2) How to Make the "Opaticized vertical line in RadGridView Indicator which is dragabble" invisible?
   [ the screen capture of the line is attached]

3) how can i Edit/Customize The Existing Theme Dll say  Teleric.Windows.Themes.Vista?
     Like,

StyleManager.ApplicationTheme = ThemeManager.FromName("Vista");

[When i add the customized vista dll and add  above Code then my custom theme will be applied to all controls automatically].

Kindly do the needful.

Regards
Dominic Savio.M

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Stefan Dobrev
Telerik team
answered on 30 Mar 2010, 12:42 PM
Hi Dominic Savio.M,

Find my answers in order:

Sincerely yours,
Stefan Dobrev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2010, 03:32 PM
Hi,
Thanks for the reply , everything just woked fine,

I have one more query ,
How can i modify the background of the Left Most Header above the indicator in RadGridView,in which style should i do it,
Kindly Informate,,

i have attached a screenshot to explain my question in a clear way.

Thanks and Regards
Dominic savio.M 
Kalin Milanov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Apr 2010, 12:23 PM
Hi Dominic,

Please check out the following forum post which handles the exact same issue you are having.
http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/gridview/problem-with-customize-grouping-element.aspx
I hope you will find it useful.

Regards,
Kalin Milanov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 09 Apr 2010, 09:00 AM
Hi Kalin,

Thanks for the reply,i have done it myself, but with some additional work which is needed to set the GridvVewHeaderIndentCell background.

the problem is,
in my application i use Vista theme for all other controls without customization(ex:scrollbars,buttons),
i use the below code to acheive it 

StyleManager.ApplicationTheme = ThemeManager.FromName("Vista");

when this is set, the custom style for GridVewHeaderIndentCell is overidden,

i added the above code to app.xaml constructor of the example in the link u sent , the same problem is happening.
(Note: all other custom styles are applied except GridVewHeaderIndentCell style).

to fix this i have to set the Theme programatically to each UI element separately, insted of setting it to the application.
this costs me additional code ,just to acheive a single style..

Hope u understand my problem..

if the there is something wrong with my implementation kidly advice else kindly make a note of the problem..

Regards
Dominic savio.M

Kalin Milanov
Telerik team
answered on 15 Apr 2010, 07:54 AM
Hello Dominic,

There is nothing wrong with your implementation - it is just the way our theming works. When dealing with non default theme and you expect to have some heavy customizations on top of it is always better to apply that theme as a custom theme. This way you will have all the styles and templates in XAML available for your styling pleasure and still be able to set the theme as an application theme. Furthermore there will not be any need to extract templates in Blend / Reflector and maintain a huge amount of styling in your application.

I am sorry that this is causing you inconveniences and we will discuss it here how to improve on that part. Maybe providing a Style property for the indentations maybe something else.

If you need any assistance on how to set the VistaTheme as a custom theme - let me know.

Best wishes,
Kalin Milanov
the Telerik team

Tags
Calendar
Asked by
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan Dobrev
Telerik team
Top achievements
Rank 1