This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2011GroupByFields Medium Trust

2 Answers 50 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Juan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Juan asked on 18 Nov 2011, 11:53 PM
Hi,
I´m getting a System.Security.SecurityException when I use GroupByFields in the GridGroupByExpression section in the RadGrid.
It seems this property can not be used under medium trust with Q3 2011.
There is any workaround?
Best regards.
Juan Carlos.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Juan
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Nov 2011, 11:27 PM
Hi,
If you set  EnableLinqGrouping="False" in the MasterTableView, the RadGrid is Medium Trust compatible.
Best regards.
Juan Carlos.
Radoslav
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2011, 01:33 PM
Hi Juan,

Indeed I verified that the described issue exists in our latest version of the controls. It seems that the problem is related with the new grouping mechanism introduced with the latest version of the controls. However our developers are aware and they will start working on the resolution of this issue. To avoid the exception you could setting the RadGrid.MasterTableView.EnableLinqGrouping property to "false".

In Q3 2011 release we have a new Linq based grouping which is turned on by default. This type of grouping has a huge performance optimization and internally uses Dynamic Linq for grouping. Also this grouping is controlled by the MasterTableView.EnableLinqGrouping property(default value is "true"). More information you could find here:
http://blogs.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/posts/11-11-08/super-charged-performance-optimizations-for-telerik-s-asp-net-ajax-grid-in-q3-2011.aspx

Regards,
Radoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Juan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Juan
Top achievements
Rank 2
Radoslav
Telerik team