This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2011 Supports Silverlight 4

9 Answers 107 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Balsuyambu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Balsuyambu asked on 10 Feb 2012, 11:41 AM
Hi

We are using Telerik Q2 2011 and Silverlight 4 and planning to migrate to Q3 2011 with Silverligh 4.

I would like to know whether Q3 2011 Supports Silverlight 4.

Thanks
Balsuyambu S.

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
answered on 10 Feb 2012, 01:36 PM
Hello Balsuyambu S.,

You can migrate to Q3 2011 version of the RadControls, both the Q3 2011 and the Q3 2011 Service Pack support Silverlight 4.

All the best,
Didie
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Balsuyambu
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Feb 2012, 01:46 PM
Hi Didie,

Thanks for your clarifications.

Upto which telerik release, i can consume for Silverlight 4.

I would like to know what telerik release for only Silverlight 5 and not Silverlight 4.

Thanks
Balsuyambu S.
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 16 Feb 2012, 01:20 PM
Hi,

I suggest you check the RadControls for Silverlight support matrix at:
http://www.telerik.com/products/silverlight/roadmap.aspx 

All the best,
Nick
the Telerik team
Sharpen your .NET Ninja skills! Attend Q1 webinar week and get a chance to win a license! Book your seat now >>
Barry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Feb 2012, 02:16 PM
The product support lifecycle listed on the link you provided shows that Silverlight 4 will be supported and new controls added up until Q2 2012. Q1 2011 has been released and I noticed that it is for Silverlight 5. My question is will the new controls, specifically the GanttView and the TimeLine controls, be available for Silverlight 4... or will they only be supported under Silverlight 5?

We are unable to migrate to Silverlight 5 at this time but would love to use these new controls.
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2012, 04:06 PM
Hi,

Q1 2012 shipped both SL4 and SL5 assemblies. Since the Timline control was officially released with Q1 it is available for both SL4 and SL5. The GanttView is currently in a CTP stage. Its official release is due with Q2 2012 and it'll be available for SL5 only. All new controls that are coming officially with Q2 or later will be available for SL5 only.

Kind regards,
Nick
the Telerik team
Barry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Feb 2012, 04:26 PM
I downloaded Q1 2012 (through Visual Studio upgrade wizard) and now have a folder call "RadControls_for_Silverlight5_2012_1_0215_Dev_hotfix" which does not contain the Silverlight 4 assemblies with the Timeline control... how do I get those assemblies? When I try to update  through Visual Studio it says I have the latest... but I want the SL4 version.

By the way, Q2 being only SL5 is not quite what the chart reads like...
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2012, 04:51 PM
Hi,

You should log into your account and download the zip file from there. It's called Silverlight 4 - DLLs only.

For example - you can find it at - http://www.telerik.com/account/your-products/trial-product-versions/trial-single-download.aspx?pmvid=2723&pid=571 

The above link points to the trial download. If you need the dev version, you can use your licensed account.

Greetings,
Nick
the Telerik team
Barry
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Mar 2012, 03:40 PM
Okay, I got the Timeline for SL4 and I'm happy about that, but I still want the GanttView. Can you tell me if there are Silverlight 5 specific things that are being used in the GanttView that would break it if I decided to try to convert the source code into SL4 - we really want to use this.
Nikolay
Telerik team
answered on 05 Mar 2012, 05:05 PM
Hi,

I am afraid that there is no way to build a SL4 version of the GanttView. In fact one of the major reasons to develop the control for Silverlight 5 only was that there are SL5 specific features we wanted to include. Among these features are the  new C# features in .NET4, new theming mechanism, etc. 

All the best,
Nick
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Balsuyambu
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitrina
Telerik team
Balsuyambu
Top achievements
Rank 1