This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2009 SP1 release breaks splitter

15 Answers 130 Views
Splitter
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Albert Shenker asked on 14 Dec 2009, 04:45 PM
Whatever you did to fix the Q3 2009 bugs in the rad splitter, has caused more issues. Since installing the SP1 version, my nested splitters don't display at all when VisibleDuringInit is set to "False" and they don't size (fill 100% w/h) properly when VisibleDuringInit is set to "True". This is the case in IE as well as Firefox. I have reverted back to the Q3 2009 version and it works, but of course, the previously known bugs with this and other controls are there.

15 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2009, 01:42 PM
Hi Albert Shenker,
One of our customers recently sent us a test project that demonstrates this problem - it happens when you update only a nested splitter with AJAX. Currently, as a workaround, you can set ResizeWithParentPane=false, Width=100%, Height=100% for the nested splitter and thus make it a not nested splitter. I will post the information here as soon as the fix for the problem is available in an internal build.

Regards,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 16 Dec 2009, 04:52 PM
ok, but all of my internal nested splitters have the setting you mentioned. They also have the setting:

ResizeWithBrowserWindow

="True"

but I don't know if this makes a difference.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 17 Dec 2009, 01:49 PM
Hello Albert Shenker,
The problem that we are aware of and that leads to the result you describe is a problem of nested splitters. In case you have ResizeWithParentPane="false" for a splitter, this splitter is not nested - it acts as if it is not in a pane, but in a standard DIV element. In case you have problem with a splitter that has ResizeWithParentPane="false", please post your splitter definition here, together with detailed information on the problem and I will check what causes it.

Sincerely yours,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 17 Dec 2009, 04:35 PM
It's a little complicated, but I managed to strip out a lot and leave just the structure. This all is displayed in a RadWindow, though I don't know if this matters or not. The top level splitter has ResizeWithParentPane="True". The rest do not.

<

script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">

window.onload =

function()

{

function OnClientLoaded_DC(sender, args)

{

sender.set_height(sender.get_height() - 1);

sender.set_height(sender.get_height() + 1);

}

</script>

<telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsDC"   
                        runat="server"   
                        Width="100%"   
                        Height="100%" 
                        Orientation="Horizontal"   
                        ResizeWithParentPane="True"   
                        HeightOffset="0"   
                        BorderSize="0" 
                        VisibleDuringInit="False" 
                        OnClientLoaded="OnClientLoaded_DC" > 
                    <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="cPane" Scrolling="Y" Width="100%" Height="100%" CssClass="SplitterScrollFreeze" BackColor="#FFFFFF">  
                        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsC"   
                                runat="server"   
                                Height="100%" 
                                Width="100%" 
                                Orientation="Horizontal"   
                                ResizeWithParentPane="False"   
                                ResizeWithBrowserWindow="True" 
                                BorderSize="0" 
                                HeightOffset="0" 
                                > 
                    <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="cPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="100%" CssClass="TabbedPage2" > 
                        <asp:Panel id="pnlVSP" runat="Server" style="height:100%; padding:7px;">  
                            <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsVSP"   
                                runat="server"   
                                Height="100%" 
                                Width="100%" 
                                Orientation="Horizontal"   
                                BorderSize="0" 
                                HeightOffset="16" 
                                > 
                                <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="aPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="100%" CssClass="TabbedPage2" > 
                                    <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="tsVSP"   
                                                        runat="server" 
                                                        MultiPageID="mpVSP" 
                                                        SelectedIndex="0" 
                                                        Skin="Office2007" 
                                                        width="100%" 
                                                        CausesValidation="False">  
                                        <Tabs> 
                                            <telerik:RadTab ID="tab1" runat="server" PageViewID="pvG" Text="General" Value="General"></telerik:RadTab> 
                                            <telerik:RadTab ID="tab2" runat="server" PageViewID="pvES_G" Text="Emails Settings" Value="EmailSettings" SelectedIndex="0" > 
                                                <Tabs> 
                                                    <telerik:RadTab ID="tab2_1" runat="server" PageViewID="pvES_G" Text="General" Value="EmailSettings_General"></telerik:RadTab> 
                                                </tabs> 
                                            </telerik:RadTab> 
                                        </Tabs> 
                                    </telerik:RadTabStrip> 
                                    <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="mpVSP"   
                                                        runat="server" 
                                                         CSSClass="TabbedContent3" 
                                                         SelectedIndex="0" 
                                                         Height="100%">  

<telerik:RadPageView ID="pvG" runat="server" Height="100%">  
                                            <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsCIEC"   
                                    runat="server"   
                                    Height="100%" 
                                    Width="100%" 
                                    Orientation="Horizontal"   
                                    BorderSize="0" 
                                    HeightOffset="37" 
                                > 

<telerik:radpane runat="server" id="tbPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="37px" BackColor="#E5E5E1">  
                                Toolbar  
                                </telerik:radpane> 
                                <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="bPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="100%" BackColor="#E5E5E1">  
                                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsT_H"   
                                    runat="server"   
                                    Width="100%" 
                                    Height="100%"   
                                    Orientation="Vertical"   
                                    BorderSize="0" 
                                    HeightOffset="0" 
                                > 
                                    <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="spacerPane" Scrolling="None" Width="5px" Height="100%"></telerik:radpane> 
                                    <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="lPane" Scrolling="None" Width="380px" Height="100%">  
                                    <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsC_H"   
                                        runat="server"   
                                        Width="100%" 
                                        Height="100%"   
                                        Orientation="Horizontal"   
                                        BorderSize="0" 
                                        HeightOffset="0" 
                                    > 
                                        <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="cPane_H" Scrolling="Both" Width="100%" Height="100%" CssClass="BorderedContainer2" BackColor="#FFFFFF">  
                                        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="lpC_H" Runat="server" Transparency="30" Height="100%" Width="100%" BackColor="#E4E4E4"><asp:Image id="Image1" runat="server"  AlternateText="Loading..." BorderWidth="0px" ImageUrl="~/global/images/loading2.gif" style="margin-top:50px;"></asp:Image></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
                                        <asp:Panel ID="pnlC_H" runat="server" Height="100%">  
                                            <asp:PlaceHolder ID="phContent_H" runat="server"></asp:PlaceHolder> 
                                        </asp:Panel> 
                                    </telerik:RadSplitter> 
                                    <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="rPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="100%">  
                                    <div style="height:100%; vertical-align:middle; text-align:center; padding:10px;"><span class="Normal">Select the custom content item which will be included in this email using the list above. You can also create a new custom content item, or edit the currently selected item.<br /><br /><strong>Please Note:</strong> The content space to the left represents the actual width of the custom content block in this email template. To see what it will look like within the body of the email, click on "Preview HTML Version" above.</span></div>  
                                <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="spacerPane2" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="5px" BackColor="#E5E5E1"></telerik:radpane>            
                                        </telerik:RadPageView> 

</telerik:RadMultiPage> 

<telerik:radpane runat="server" id="fPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="35px" CssClass="DialogFooter"  > 
                        <div id="divFooter" runat="server">Footer</div> 
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 17 Dec 2009, 05:20 PM
Hi Albert Shenker,
I created a test project based on the projected information and code and tested it in IE7, IE8 and FF with 2009.3 1208 version of the Telerik.Web.UI assembly. However, the content of all splitters showed as expected. I have attached my code for your reference.

There is one thing I do not understand in your settings - in case your rsDC splitter is not a child of a pane, but of the FORM element, why do you set ResizeWithParentPane=true for it? In this case, if you set the property to false, your page layout should not change. Could you please try setting it to false to see if you can still reproduce the problem after that?

Additionally, can you test the attached pages on your side - can you reproduce the problem with them as well? In case you do - can you please specify the browser you use for your tests?

All the best,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Alexander
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Dec 2009, 10:46 AM
We're using Telerik in my company, and we're experiencing a similar issue as well.

In our case, we have an update panel in the outer pane, and inside this update panel, we have an inner splitter. When this update panel is updated, the entire contents of that pane goes blank. Setting ResizeWithParentPane="false" prevents the blanking problem, but we can't have that setting on because we rely heavily on the inner splitter being resized according to the outer one, and turning it off results in everything looking like crap.

Is there something that can be done in e.g. Javascript after the updatepanel postback to restore the inner grid?
Svetlina Anati
Telerik team
answered on 19 Dec 2009, 12:02 PM
Hello Alexander,

Would you please share some more details about your setup and some markup code? The ResizeWithParentPane property should be set to false only when the nested splitter is not directly nested in a RadPane - in this case you should explicitly set it to false and set Width=100% and Height=100% for the splitter as well as explicit height for all parent elements. Note, also that if you want to update splitter with AJAX you should not try to update a separate RadPane but you should update the whole splitter.

Once I receive some reproduction code from you, I will get a better understanding on what is actually going on and what should be teh value of the ResizeWithParentPane - in case it should be false I will provide some tips on how to get teh desired result, otherwise I will examine why it fixes the issue and what is the actual reason for the problem.

Greetings,
Svetlina
the Telerik team

Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 22 Dec 2009, 10:00 AM
Hello Albert and Alexander,
We have fixed the problem with a nested splitter that is updated with AJAX and the fix is part of the latest internal build that you can download from your account. The version number of the build is 2009.3.1221.

Alexander, in case you prefer to use the official Q3 2009 SP1 version over the internal build, I can prepare a workaround for you that you can use.

Sincerely yours,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 22 Dec 2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks, that is great news. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 22 Mar 2010, 07:57 PM
I have encountered this issue again with the Q1 2010 controls. If I ajaxify a panel which contains a splitter, the splitter disappears after the ajax update when visibleduringinit is set to false. If I set visibleduringinit to true, the splitter doesn't disappear, but then the controls within the splitter don't work (ie the rad comboboxes don't have their dropdowns work, and clicking on tabs does nothing).
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2010, 08:00 PM
Hi Albert Shenker,
I tested with the following code and Q1 2010 version, but I was not able to reproduce the problem you describe:
<telerik:RadAjaxManager ID="RadAjaxManager1" runat="server">
    <AjaxSettings>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Panel1">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel1" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
        <telerik:AjaxSetting AjaxControlID="Panel2">
            <UpdatedControls>
                <telerik:AjaxUpdatedControl ControlID="Panel2" />
            </UpdatedControls>
        </telerik:AjaxSetting>
    </AjaxSettings>
</telerik:RadAjaxManager>
<asp:Panel ID="Panel1" runat="server">
    <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter1" runat="server" VisibleDuringInit="false">
        <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane1" runat="server">
            <asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Do" />
        </telerik:RadPane>
        <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar1" runat="server" />
        <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane2" runat="server" Scrolling="None">
            <asp:Panel ID="Panel2" runat="server">
                <telerik:RadSplitter ID="RadSplitter2" runat="server" VisibleDuringInit="false">
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane3" runat="server">
                        <asp:Button ID="Button2" runat="server" Text="Do" />
                    <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="RadSplitBar2" runat="server" />
                    <telerik:RadPane ID="RadPane4" runat="server">

Could you please post the code of your test page here?

Sincerely yours,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 26 Mar 2010, 12:11 AM
My page is quite complicated, but my markup is below. I have also shown the AjaxSettings declaration in code behind. Perhaps my issue is that I have so many controls which ajaxify the same things and eachother. The reason I do it this way is to have complete control over which loading panels are displayed when certain controls cause an ajax update. Also, when each control is modified (ie a combo box selection is made, or a textbox text is changed, I need to update content which is displayed on a different tab. Because of this, I need just about all of the controls on the page to raise ajax updates, hense the lengthy list of ajax settings.

markup:

<telerik:RadCodeBlock ID="rcb1" runat="server">  

<script type="text/javascript">  

function refreshProcessSelect(configurationId) {  
                $get('<%= hdnSelectedProcessConfigurationId.ClientID %>').value = configurationId;  
                $get('<%= pInitiator.ClientID %>').click();  
            }  

function TabSelectedHandler(sender, eventArgs) {  
                var tab = eventArgs.get_tab();  

switch (tab.get_value()) {  
                    case "DesignReport":  
                        grid = $find("<%= rgReport.ClientId %>");  
                        if (grid) {  
                            grid.repaint();  
                        }  
                        break;  
                }  
            }  

function ToolbarClickingHandler(sender, eventArgs) {  
                var btn = eventArgs.get_item();  
                var toolBar = btn.get_toolBar();  
                var value = btn.get_value();  
                var group = btn.get_group();  

switch (group) {  
                    case "UnitStandard":  
                        if (Telerik.Web.UI.IRadToolBarDropDownItem.isInstanceOfType(btn.get_parent())) {  
                            btn.get_parent().set_text('Unit Standard: ' + btn.get_text());  
                        }  
                        break;  
                }  

switch (value) {  
                    case "Close":  

if ($get('<%= hdnChangeMade.ClientID %>').value == 'True') {  
                            if (confirm('Unsaved changes to this thermowell configuration will be lost! Are you sure you want to close the design workbech?')) {  
                                closeActiveWindow();  
                            }  
                        }   
                        else {  
                            closeActiveWindow();  
                        }  
                        eventArgs.set_cancel(true);  
                        break;  

case "AddProcess":  
                        var url = '<%= MyAppPath %>' + '/ThermowellDesign/CreateProcessConfiguration.aspx?func=refreshProcessSelect';  
                        //alert('url: ' + url);  
                        var oWin = openRadWindow(window, url, null, 525, 415);  
                        break;  

case "EditProcess":  
                        var configurationId = $get('<%= hdnSelectedProcessConfigurationId.ClientID %>').value;  
                        var url = '<%= MyAppPath %>' + '/ThermowellDesign/EditProcessConfiguration.aspx?cid=' + configurationId + '&func=refreshProcessSelect';  

var oWin = openRadWindow(window, url, null, 525, 415);  
                        break;  

case "PrintReport":  
                        PrintReport();   
                        break;  

}  

eventArgs.set_cancel(false);  

}  

function SplitterLoadHandler_C(sender, arg) {  
                // this is included to create a bottom padding on the 100% height elements  

var divL = $get("<%= mpL.ClientID %>");  
                var divWB = $get("<%= mpWB.ClientID %>");  

divL.style.height = parseInt(sender.get_height()) + 103 + "px";  
                divWB.style.height = parseInt(sender.get_height()) + 103 + "px";  

}  

function PrintReport() {  
                var splitter = $find("<%= rsReport.ClientID %>");  
                var pane = splitter.getPaneById("<%= rcPane.ClientID %>");  

if (!pane) return;  

var cssFileAbsPaths = new Array();  
                cssFileAbsPaths[0] = '<%= Me.MyAppPath %>/global/css/global.css';  
                cssFileAbsPaths[1] = '<%= Me.MyAppPath %>/common/css/tools.css';  
                pane.Print(cssFileAbsPaths);  

}  

</script> 

<style id="Style1" type="text/css" runat="server">  
            div.ReportGrid_Default  /* only for RadGrids with this CssClass */  
            {  
                background: none transparent;  
                border:0;  
            }  

div.ReportGrid_Default  .rgMasterTable  td {  
                padding: 0;  
            }  

.ReportGrid_Default .rgRow  
            {  
                background: none transparent;  
            }  

div.ReportGrid_Default  tr.rgRow td,  
            div.ReportGrid_Default  tr.rgAltRow  td  
            {  
                border:0;  
                padding:0;       
            }    

#<%= Me.GetMyAjaxManagerUpdatePanelId("pnlWB") %> 
            {  
                margin:0;  
                height:100%;  
            }  
            #<%= Me.GetMyAjaxManagerUpdatePanelId("pnlC") %> 
            {  
            }  
            #<%= Me.GetMyAjaxManagerUpdatePanelId("rsC") %> 
            {  
            }  
            #<%= Me.GetMyAjaxManagerUpdatePanelId("pnlR") %> 
            {  
            }  
            #<%= Me.GetMyAjaxManagerUpdatePanelId("pnlReport") %> 
            {  
            }  
        </style> 

</telerik:RadCodeBlock> 

<asp:ValidationSummary ID="valSum" runat="server" CSSClass="ValidationError" ShowMessageBox="True" ShowSummary="False"/>  
    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="lpWB" Runat="server" Transparency="8" BackColor="#DFE9F5"><asp:Image id="Image7" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." BorderWidth="0px" ImageUrl="~/global/images/loading2.gif" style="margin-top:200px;"></asp:Image></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
    <asp:Panel id="pnlWB" runat="Server" Height="100%" > 
        <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsWB"   
                    runat="server"   
                    Height="100%" 
                    Width="100%" 
                    Orientation="Horizontal" 
                    BorderSize="0" 
                    Skin="Windows7" >      

<telerik:radpane runat="server" id="cPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="100%" > 
                <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="lpC" Runat="server" Transparency="8" BackColor="#DFE9F5"><asp:Image id="Image0" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." BorderWidth="0px" ImageUrl="~/global/images/loading2.gif" style="margin-top:200px;"></asp:Image></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
                <asp:Panel id="pnlC" runat="Server" Height="100%" > 
                    <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsC"   
                        runat="server"   
                        Height="100%" 
                        Width="100%" 
                        Orientation="Vertical"   
                        BorderSize="0" 
                        Skin="Windows7"   
                        OnClientLoad="SplitterLoadHandler_C"   
                        >   

<telerik:radpane runat="server" id="lPane" Scrolling="None" Width="218px" Height="100%" Locked="True" CssClass="TabbedContainer" > 
                            <asp:Panel id="pnlL" runat="Server" Height="100%" style="padding:4px;"  > 
                                <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="tsL"   
                                                    runat="server" 
                                                    MultiPageID="mpL" 
                                                    SelectedIndex="0" 
                                                    Skin="Windows7" 
                                                    width="100%" 
                                                    CausesValidation="False" 
                                                      > 
                                    <Tabs> 
                                        <telerik:RadTab ID="tabL1" runat="server" PageViewID="pvP" Text="Process" ></telerik:RadTab> 
                                    </Tabs> 
                                <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="mpL"   
                                                runat="server" 
                                                 CSSClass="TabbedContent" 
                                                 SelectedIndex="0" 
                                                 Height="100%"   

> 

<telerik:RadPageView ID="pvP" runat="server" Height="100%">  
                                        <table class="StandardTable" style="width: 100%;">  
                                            <tr> 
                                                <td style="width:auto; padding:0px;">  
                                                    <fieldset class="Form_Fieldset" style="margin-top:3px;">  
                                                        <legend class="Form_Legend">Process Properties</legend> 
                                                        <telerik:radcombobox id="rcProcessConfigurations" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="185px" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="false" style="margin:5px;"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="lpProcess" Runat="server" Transparency="8" BackColor="#DFE9F5"><asp:Image id="Image3" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." BorderWidth="0px" ImageUrl="~/global/images/loading2.gif" style="margin-top:85px;"></asp:Image></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
                                                        <asp:Panel id="pnlProcess" runat="Server">  
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabelTop_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Name: </td> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldItemTop" style="width: auto; padding:2px;" > 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblProcessName" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Unit Standard: </td> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldItem" style="width: auto; padding:2px;" > 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblUnitStandard" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Process Fluid: </td> 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblProcessFluid" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr id="trPipeSize" runat="server">  
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Pipe Size: </td> 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblPipeSize" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr id="trSchedule" runat="server">  
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Schedule: </td> 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblSchedule" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr id="trFlowRate" runat="server">  
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Flow Rate: </td> 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblFlowRate" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr id="trVelocity" runat="server" visible="false">  
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Fluid Velocity: </td> 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblFluidVelocity" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr id="trDensity" runat="server" Visible="False">  
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Fluid Density: </td> 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblFluidDensity" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr id="trViscosity" runat="Server" visible="false">  
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Viscosity: </td> 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblFluidViscosity" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Max Temp: </td> 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblMaxTemp" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Max Pressure: </td> 
                                                                        <asp:Label id="lblMaxPressure" runat="Server"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldItem" style="width: auto; padding:2px;" colspan="2">  
                                                                        <telerik:RadToolBar ID="rtbProcess"   
                                                                                                runat="server"   
                                                                                                Skin="Windows7" 
                                                                                                Width="100%" 
                                                                                                CssClass="BorderlessToolbar" 
                                                                                                OnButtonClick="Toolbar_ButtonClick" 
                                                                                                OnClientButtonClicking="ToolbarClickingHandler" 
                                                                                                dir="rtl">  
                                                                            <Items> 
                                                                                <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Add New Process" Value="AddProcess" ToolTip="Add New Process" /> 
                                                                                <telerik:RadToolBarButton IsSeparator="true"></telerik:RadToolBarButton> 
                                                                                <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="&nbsp;Edit&nbsp;" Value="EditProcess" ToolTip="Edit Process" /> 
                                                                            </Items> 
                                                                        </telerik:RadToolBar>   
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                            </table> 
                                                            <input type="hidden" id="hdnSelectedProcessConfigurationId" name="hdnSelectedProcessConfigurationId" runat="Server"/>  
                                                            <asp:Button ID="pInitiator" runat="server" Text="Button" style="display:none;" CausesValidation="False" ValidationGroup="VG_Init" /> 
                                                    </fieldset> 
                                                        <legend class="Form_Legend">Thermowell Rating for Process</legend> 
                                                        <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="lpRating" Runat="server" Transparency="8" BackColor="#DFE9F5"><asp:Image id="Image30" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." BorderWidth="0px" ImageUrl="~/global/images/loading2.gif" style="margin-top:60px;"></asp:Image></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
                                                        <asp:Panel id="pnlRating" runat="Server">  
                                                            <uc1:ThermowellRatingControl id="twRating" runat="server" ></uc1:ThermowellRatingControl> 
                                                    </fieldset> 
                                                </td> 
                                            </tr> 
                                        </table> 
                        <telerik:RadSplitBar ID="rsb1" runat="server" CollapseMode="Forward" ></telerik:RadSplitBar> 
                        <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="rPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="100%" CssClass="TabbedContainer">  
                            <asp:Panel id="pnlR" runat="Server" Height="100%" style="padding:4px;">  
                               <telerik:RadTabStrip ID="tsWB"   
                                                    runat="server" 
                                                    MultiPageID="mpWB" 
                                                    SelectedIndex="0" 
                                                    Skin="Windows7" 
                                                    width="100%" 
                                                    OnClientTabSelected="TabSelectedHandler">  
                                    <Tabs> 
                                        <telerik:RadTab ID="tab1" runat="server" PageViewID="pvTC" Text="Thermowell Configuration" Value="Thermowell" ></telerik:RadTab> 
                                        <telerik:RadTab ID="tab2" runat="server" PageViewID="pvDC" Text="Design Considerations" Value="Design" /> 
                                        <telerik:RadTab ID="tab3" runat="server" PageViewID="pvDR" Value="Report">  
                                            <TabTemplate> 
                                                Design Report  
                                                <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="lpReportTab" Runat="server" IsSticky="True"><asp:Image id="Image51" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." BorderWidth="0px" ImageUrl="~/global/images/loading.gif" style="margin: 0px 0px 200px 20px;"></asp:Image></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
                                            </TabTemplate> 
                                        </telerik:RadTab> 
                                    </Tabs> 
                                <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="lpMP" Runat="server" Transparency="8" BackColor="#DFE9F5"><asp:Image id="Image8" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." BorderWidth="0px" ImageUrl="~/global/images/loading2.gif" style="margin-top:200px;"></asp:Image></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
                                <telerik:RadMultiPage ID="mpWB"   
                                                        runat="server" 
                                                         CSSClass="TabbedContent" 
                                                         SelectedIndex="0" 
                                                         Height="100%"   
                                        > 

<telerik:RadPageView ID="pvTC" runat="server" Height="100%" > 
                                        <asp:Panel id="pnlTC" runat="Server">  
                                                <tr> 
                                                    <td style="width:auto; vertical-align:top; padding:0px;">  
                                                            <legend class="Form_Legend">Thermowell Properties</legend> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Connection Type:</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radcombobox id="rcProcessConnection" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="90px" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="false" ></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Shank Style:</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radcombobox id="rcShankStyle" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="90px" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="false"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px;">Well Material:</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radcombobox id="rcThermowellMaterial" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="150px" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="false"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 100px; padding:2px">Tagging:</td> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldItem" style="width:auto; padding:2px" > 
                                                                        <telerik:radcombobox id="rcTagging" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="175px" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="false"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                            </table>   
                                                        </fieldset> 
                                                        <asp:Panel id="pnlFlanged" runat="Server" Visible="False">  
                                                                <legend class="Form_Legend">Flange Properties</legend> 
                                                                    <tr> 
                                                                        <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 60px; padding:2px;">Size:</td> 
                                                                        <td class="FieldItem" style="width:105px; padding:2px;" > 
                                                                            <telerik:radcombobox id="rcFlangeSize" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="90px" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="false"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                        </td> 
                                                                        <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 60px; padding:2px;">Facing:</td> 
                                                                            <telerik:radcombobox id="rcFlangeFacing" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="150px" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="false"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                        </td> 
                                                                    </tr> 
                                                                    <tr> 
                                                                        <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 60px; padding:2px; ">Rating:</td> 
                                                                        <td class="FieldItem" style="width: 105px; padding:2px" > 
                                                                            <telerik:radcombobox id="rcFlangeRating" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="90px" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="false"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                        </td> 
                                                                        <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 60px; padding:2px">Material:</td> 
                                                                        <td class="FieldItem" style="width:auto; padding:2px" > 
                                                                            <telerik:radcombobox id="rcFlangeMaterial" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="150px" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="false"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                        </td> 
                                                                    </tr> 
                                                                </table>    
                                                            </fieldset> 
                                                            <legend class="Form_Legend">Dimensions</legend> 
                                                                <tr id="trProcessConnectionSize" runat="server">  
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 110px; padding:2px">Connection Size:</td> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldItem" style="width: auto; padding:2px" > 
                                                                        <telerik:radcombobox id="rcProcessConnectionSize" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="165px" AutoPostBack="True" CausesValidation="False"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 110px; padding:2px;">Bore Size:</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radcombobox id="rcBoreSize" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="125px" AutoPostBack="True" CausesValidation="False"></telerik:radcombobox> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 110px; padding:2px;">Insertion Depth (U):</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radcombobox id="rcInsertionDepth" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="90px" AutoPostBack="True" CausesValidation="False"></telerik:radcombobox><asp:Label id="lblInsertionDepth_Other" runat="Server" style="margin-left:10px;" visible="False">Specify (in.):</asp:Label><telerik:radnumerictextbox id="txtInsertionDepth_Other" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" Width="50px" MaxLength="15" DataType="Number" MinValue="0" NumberFormat-AllowRounding="True" NumberFormat-KeepNotRoundedValue="False" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="3" NumberFormat-PositivePattern='n"' style="margin-left:5px;" AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="true" ValidationGroup="VG_Calc" OnTextChanged="RatingCalculationParameterChanged" visible="False"></telerik:radnumerictextbox> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 110px; padding:2px;">Lag Extension (T):</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radcombobox id="rcLagExtension" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" Width="125px" MarkFirstMatch="True" AutoPostBack="True" CausesValidation="False"></telerik:radcombobox><asp:Label id="lblLagExtension_Other" runat="Server" style="margin-left:10px;" visible="False">Specify (in.):</asp:Label><telerik:radnumerictextbox id="txtLagExtension_Other" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" Width="60px" MaxLength="15" DataType="Number" MinValue="0" NumberFormat-AllowRounding="True" NumberFormat-KeepNotRoundedValue="False" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="3" NumberFormat-PositivePattern='n"' style="margin-left:5px;" visible="False" AutoPostBack="True" CausesValidation="False" OnTextChanged="RatingCalculationParameterChanged"></telerik:radnumerictextbox> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 110px; padding:2px;">Root Diameter (Q):</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radnumerictextbox id="txtRootDiameter" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" Width="60px" MaxLength="15" DataType="Number" MinValue="0" NumberFormat-AllowRounding="True" NumberFormat-KeepNotRoundedValue="False" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="4" NumberFormat-PositivePattern='n"' AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="true" ValidationGroup="VG_Calc" OnTextChanged="RatingCalculationParameterChanged" ></telerik:radnumerictextbox><asp:label id="lblRootDiameter" runat="Server" style="margin-left:10px;"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 110px; padding:2px;">Tip Diameter (B):</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radnumerictextbox id="txtTipDiameter" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" Width="60px" MaxLength="15" DataType="Number" MinValue="0" NumberFormat-AllowRounding="True" NumberFormat-KeepNotRoundedValue="False" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="4" NumberFormat-PositivePattern='n"' AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="true" ValidationGroup="VG_Calc" OnTextChanged="RatingCalculationParameterChanged"></telerik:radnumerictextbox><telerik:radcombobox id="rcTipDiameter" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" MarkFirstMatch="True" Width="125px" Visible="False" AutoPostBack="True" CausesValidation="False"></telerik:radcombobox><asp:label id="lblTipDiameter" runat="Server" style="margin-left:10px;"></asp:Label><asp:label id="lblTipDiameter_Same" runat="Server" Visible="False">Same as Root Diameter for Straight Shank</asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr> 
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 110px; padding:2px;">Tip Thickness (t):</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radnumerictextbox id="txtTipThickness" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" Width="60px" MaxLength="15" DataType="Number" MinValue="0" NumberFormat-AllowRounding="True" NumberFormat-KeepNotRoundedValue="False" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="3" NumberFormat-PositivePattern='n"' AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="true" ValidationGroup="VG_Calc" OnTextChanged="RatingCalculationParameterChanged"></telerik:radnumerictextbox><asp:label id="lblTipThickness" runat="Server" style="margin-left:10px;"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                                <tr id="trStep" runat="server">  
                                                                    <td class="FieldLabel_Required" style="width: 110px; padding:2px;">Step Length (L_s):</td> 
                                                                        <telerik:radnumerictextbox id="txtStepLength" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" Width="60px" MaxLength="15" DataType="Number" MinValue="0" NumberFormat-AllowRounding="True" NumberFormat-KeepNotRoundedValue="False" NumberFormat-DecimalDigits="3" NumberFormat-PositivePattern='n"' AutoPostBack="true" CausesValidation="true" ValidationGroup="VG_Calc" OnTextChanged="RatingCalculationParameterChanged"></telerik:radnumerictextbox><asp:label id="lblStepLength" runat="Server" style="margin-left:10px;"></asp:Label> 
                                                                    </td> 
                                                                </tr> 
                                                            </table> 
                                                        </fieldset> 
                                                    </td> 
                                                    <td style="width:310px; vertical-align:top; padding:0px;">  
                                                            <legend class="Form_Legend" id="lSchematic" runat="server">Schematic</legend> 
                                                                <div style="padding:3px;">  
                                                                <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="lpSchematic" Runat="server" Transparency="8" CssClass="AjaxLoading"></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
                                                                <asp:Image id="imgSchematic" runat="Server"></asp:Image> 
                                                                </div> 
                                                        </fieldset> 
                                                    </td> 
                                                </tr> 
                                            </table> 
                                            <input type="hidden" id="hdnChangeMade" name="hdnChangeMade" runat="Server"/>  
                                    <telerik:RadPageView ID="pvDC" runat="server">  
                                            <tr> 
                                                <td style="width:auto; padding:0px;">  
                                                        <legend class="Form_Legend">From p. 18 of PTC 19.3 Draft 12</legend> 
                                                        <div class="FieldItem">  
                                                            <asp:Image id="imgStdSchematic" runat="Server" ImageUrl="~/common/images/standard_schematic.jpg" ImageAlign="Right" style="padding:2px;"></asp:Image> 
                                                            <p>Proper design of a thermowell requires that the sensor mounted inside the thermowell attain thermal equilibrium with the process fluid.  Thermal modeling of the sensor response is outside the scope of this Standard (refer to the latest version of PTC 19.3 for guidance).  This section briefly summarizes general design rules that will optimize the sensor performance within the constraints of the mechanical strength requirements.</p> 
                                                            <p>A high fluid-velocity rating for the thermowell requires a sufficiently high natural frequency for the thermowell (Section 6.8) and sufficiently low oscillatory stresses (Section 6.10).     Higher natural frequencies result from decreasing the unsupported length L, increasing the support-plane diameter A, and decreasing the tip diameter B.  Lower oscillatory stresses result from decreasing length L and increasing diameter A.  A higher static pressure rating (Section 13) requires increasing the value of tip diameter B.</p> 
                                                            <p>In contrast, good thermal performance favors increasing length L, and decreasing diameters A and B.</p> 
                                                            <p>Factors that improve mechanical strength with minimal degradation of thermal performance include:</p> 
                                                            <ul> 
                                                                <li>a larger fillet radius at the support plane,</li> 
                                                                <li>locating the support plane away from a weld or heat-affected-zone of a weld, and</li> 
                                                                <li>avoiding threaded installations.</li> 
                                                            </ul> 
                                                            <p>Factors that improve thermal performance with minimal degradation of mechanical strength include:</p> 
                                                            <ul> 
                                                                <li>use of the smallest practical bore size, and</li> 
                                                                <li>insulation of the outside of the pipe to reduce heat flux along the sensor axis.</li> 
                                                            </ul> 
                                                        </div> 
                                                    </fieldset> 
                                                </td> 
                                            </tr> 
                                        </table> 
                                    <telerik:RadPageView ID="pvDR" runat="server" Height="100%">  
                                        <asp:Panel id="pnl1" height="100%" runat="Server" style="padding:4px;">  
                                            <telerik:RadSplitter ID="rsReport"   
                                                                runat="server"   
                                                                Width="100%" 
                                                                Height="100%" 
                                                                Orientation="Horizontal"   
                                                                BorderSize="0" 
                                                                Skin="Windows7"   
                                                                HeightOffset="8" 
                                                                 >   

<telerik:radpane runat="server" id="rtbPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="32" Locked="True">  
                                                    <telerik:RadToolBar ID="rtbReport"   
                                                                            runat="server"   
                                                                            Skin="Windows7" 
                                                                            Width="100%" 
                                                                            > 
                                                        <Items> 
                                                            <telerik:RadToolBarDropDown Text="Unit Standard: English" Group="UnitStandard"></telerik:RadToolBarDropDown> 
                                                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Print Report" Value="PrintReport" ToolTip="Print Report" /> 
                                                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Export To PDF" Value="ExportReportToPDF" ToolTip="Export Report To PDF File" /> 
                                                        </Items> 
                                                <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="rcPane" Scrolling="both" Width="100%" Height="100%" CssClass="FramedContent2" style="position:relative;">  
                                                    <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel id="lpReport" Runat="server" Transparency="8" BackColor="#DFE9F5"><asp:Image id="Image340" runat="server" AlternateText="Loading..." BorderWidth="0px" ImageUrl="~/global/images/loading2.gif" style="margin-top:200px;"></asp:Image></telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel> 
                                                    <asp:Panel id="pnlReport" runat="Server" style="padding:4px;">  
                                                        <telerik:RadGrid ID="rgReport"   
                                                                        AllowPaging="False"   
                                                                        runat="server"   
                                                                        AllowSorting="False" 
                                                                        ShowHeader="False"   
                                                                        BorderStyle="None" 
                                                                        Skin="Default" 
                                                                        CssClass="ReportGrid_Default" 
                                                                        > 
                                                            <MasterTableView TableLayout="Fixed"  CssClass="WatermarkedContent">  
                                                                <ItemTemplate> 
                                                                    <uc2:DesignReportControl id="twDesignReport" runat="server" ></uc2:DesignReportControl> 
                                                                </ItemTemplate> 
                                                            </MasterTableView> 
                                                            <ClientSettings AllowDragToGroup="False">  
                                                                <Scrolling AllowScroll="false"  /> 
                                                            </ClientSettings> 
                                                            <ExportSettings ExportOnlyData="true" OpenInNewWindow="true" IgnorePaging="true" FileName="jms_thermowell_design_report" > 
                                                                <Pdf PageHeight="280mm" PageWidth="216mm" PageTitle="JMS Thermowell Design Report" /> 
                                                            </ExportSettings> 
                                                        </telerik:RadGrid> 
                                <asp:Button ID="asInitiator" runat="server" Text="Button" style="display:none;" CausesValidation="False" ValidationGroup="VG_Init" /> 
                                <asp:CustomValidator ID="custValForm" runat="server" Display="None" ValidationGroup="VG_Form"></asp:CustomValidator> 
                                <asp:CustomValidator ID="custValConfiguration" runat="server" Display="None" ValidationGroup="VG_Configuration"></asp:CustomValidator> 
                                <asp:CustomValidator ID="custValNew" runat="server" Display="None" ValidationGroup="VG_New"></asp:CustomValidator> 
                                <asp:CustomValidator ID="custValCalc" runat="server" Display="None" ValidationGroup="VG_Calc"></asp:CustomValidator> 
            <telerik:radpane runat="server" id="tbPane" Scrolling="None" Width="100%" Height="32" Locked="true">  
                <asp:Panel id="pnlControls" runat="Server" style="width: 100%; padding:0px; position: relative;">     
                    <div id="divRightTB" runat="server" style="position: absolute; top: 0; right: 0; width: 138px; text-align:right;">  
                        <telerik:RadToolBar ID="rtbRight"   
                                                runat="server"   
                                                Skin="Windows7" 
                                                Width="100%" 
                                                CausesValidation="False">  
                            <Items> 
                                <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="&nbsp;Reload Last Saved&nbsp;" Value="Reset" ToolTip="Load Last Saved Configuration" /> 
                                <telerik:RadToolBarButton IsSeparator="true" Value="ResetSep" ></telerik:RadToolBarButton> 
                                <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="&nbsp;Clear Form&nbsp;" Value="Clear" ToolTip="Clear Form" /> 
                                <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="&nbsp;&nbsp;Close&nbsp;&nbsp;" Value="Close" ToolTip="Close Window" /> 
                            </Items> 
                    </div> 
                    <telerik:RadToolBar ID="rtbLeft"   
                                            runat="server"   
                                            Skin="Windows7" 
                                            Width="100%" 
                                            > 
                        <Items> 
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Value="NameBox">  
                                <ItemTemplate> 
                                     <span class="FieldLabel_Required" style="margin:0px 5px;">Thermowell Configuration Name:</span><telerik:radtextbox id="txtName" runat="server" Skin="Windows7" Width="250px" MaxLength="75" EmptyMessage="Enter a name to reference this thermowell by" style="margin-bottom:1px;"></telerik:radtextbox>      
                                </ItemTemplate> 
                            </telerik:RadToolBarButton> 
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Save Configuration" Value="Save" ToolTip="Save Thermowell Configuration" CausesValidation="True" ValidationGroup="VG_Form" /> 
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Save Changes" Value="SaveChanges" ToolTip="Save Changes to Thermowell Configuration" CausesValidation="True" ValidationGroup="VG_Form" /> 
                            <telerik:RadToolBarButton Text="Save As New" Value="SaveNew" ToolTip="Save Thermowell Configuration As New" CausesValidation="True" ValidationGroup="VG_New" /> 
                        </Items> 
    <asp:Button ID="lInitiator" runat="server" Text="Button" style="display:none;" CausesValidation="False" /> 

ajax settings:

Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As ObjectByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load  

SetTemplatedControls()  
            SetAjaxManagerSettings()  

End Sub 

Private Sub SetTemplatedControls()  
            lpReportTab = tsWB.FindTabByValue("Report").FindControl("lpReportTab")  
            txtName = rtbLeft.Items(0).FindControl("txtName")  
        End Sub 

Private Sub SetAjaxManagerSettings()  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.Clear()  

' If I comment out the following line (in other words, if the bottom toolbar doesn't update pnlC with an ajax updates), then the splitter appears correctly aftre the postback. However, If I ajaxify these controls and the spliter's visibleduringinit is set to false,the splitter never reappears after the ajax update.  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(pnlControls, pnlC, lpC)  

'The rest of these ajax settings seem to work fine  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(pnlControls, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConfigurations, pnlProcess, lpProcess)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConfigurations, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConfigurations, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConfigurations, pnlControls)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConfigurations, hdnChangeMade)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(pInitiator, pnlProcess, lpProcess)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(pInitiator, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(pInitiator, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(pInitiator, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnection, pnlTC)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnection, lSchematic)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnection, imgSchematic, lpSchematic)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnection, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnection, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnection, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcShankStyle, pnlTC)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcShankStyle, lSchematic)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcShankStyle, imgSchematic, lpSchematic)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcShankStyle, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcShankStyle, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcShankStyle, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcThermowellMaterial, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcThermowellMaterial, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcThermowellMaterial, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcTagging, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcTagging, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcFlangeFacing, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcFlangeMaterial, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcFlangeRating, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcFlangeSize, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcFlangeSize, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnectionSize, pnlTC)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnectionSize, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnectionSize, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcProcessConnectionSize, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcBoreSize, pnlTC)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcBoreSize, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcBoreSize, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcBoreSize, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcInsertionDepth, pnlTC)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcInsertionDepth, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcInsertionDepth, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcInsertionDepth, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtInsertionDepth_Other, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtInsertionDepth_Other, pnlReport)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtInsertionDepth_Other, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcLagExtension, pnlReport)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcLagExtension, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtLagExtension_Other, pnlReport)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtLagExtension_Other, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtRootDiameter, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtRootDiameter, pnlReport)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtRootDiameter, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtTipDiameter, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtTipDiameter, pnlReport)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtTipDiameter, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcTipDiameter, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcTipDiameter, pnlReport)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rcTipDiameter, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtTipThickness, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtTipThickness, pnlReport)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtTipThickness, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtStepLength, pnlRating, lpRating)  
            MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtStepLength, pnlReport)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(txtStepLength, pnlControls)  

MyAjaxManager.AjaxSettings.AddAjaxSetting(rtbReport, pnlReport, lpReport)  

End Sub 

I have also attached demos so you can see the issue. Demo1.avi shows me making a selection on this page. The selection causes an Ajax Update and displays loading panels over the updated content. Whenever an ajax update occurs, the content of pane "pnlC", which is splitter "rsC", disappears. This only occurs if I ajaxify "pnlC" using the line near the top of the ajaxsettings above. If I ommit this line and just do a postback, you get what you see in Demo2.avi. Lastly, if I set visibleduringinit to true for splitter "rsC", the ajaxification seems to work, but after the ajax update, none of the controls on the page function properly. For instance, I am unable to click on the combobox dropdowns. This is shown in Demo3.avi.

Hmm. I just noticed I can't attach the demo videos since they are .avi. If you need to see them, I can open a support ticket.

Thanks for your help.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 31 Mar 2010, 12:06 PM
Hello Albert Shenker,
You get the described result, because of a JS error after the AJAX request. In case I am correct, the error is a result of the bug described in the following sticky thread - http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/tabstrip/fix-javascript-error-when-using-the-debug-version-of-ms-ajax-library-q1-2010-release.aspx.

The bug is fixed in the latest internal build. Could you please test your project this the latest internal build version to see if it fixes the problem on your side as well?

Regards,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
answered on 31 Mar 2010, 04:17 PM
When is the first service pack due? I am using this in production and would rather not use an internal build.
Tsvetie
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2010, 09:43 AM
Hello Albert Shenker,
We are targeting the week 12-16 April for the first service pack.

Kind regards,
Tsvetie
the Telerik team

Tags
Splitter
Asked by
Albert Shenker
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Iron
Answers by
Tsvetie
Telerik team
Albert Shenker