This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3 2009 - RadComboBox Q3 2008 Skins Available for Download

4 Answers 33 Views
ComboBox
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stephen asked on 25 Feb 2010, 03:44 AM
Any chance the Telerik team could update these to work with the latest release? Q3 2009?

Specially I really need the WebBlue one for the combobox.

Thanks,
Stephen

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Veronica
Telerik team
answered on 25 Feb 2010, 12:18 PM
Hello Stephen,

Thanks for your question. Please take a look at this: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/general-discussions/all-radcontrols-q3-2008-skins-are-now-compatible-with-the-q1-2009-release.aspx .

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Greetings,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Feb 2010, 05:03 PM
Veronica,

The link you provided are not compatible with Q3 2009. They are for Q1 2009.
Kamen Bundev
Telerik team
answered on 03 Mar 2010, 09:26 AM
Hi Stephen,

The skins work, but since they are external, you need to follow the breaking changes instructions for external skins - for RadComboBox this means that if you set EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" in your definition - your issues will go away.

Regards,
Kamen Bundev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Mar 2010, 10:52 PM
I've finally found a resolution with Telerik through a support ticket I had opened up. I'd like to update this thread in case anyone else runs into this strange scenario.

I had EnableEmbeddedBaseStylesheet="false" set in my themed skin file like Kamen suggested for RadComoBox. This only fixed part of the problem. The other issue was that I was hiding the Pager Size combobox in a grid I had on my page using css, i.e. display: none; this caused Telerik to load the base stylesheet even though I explicitly told it not to in the skin.

The workaround Kamen gave me was to handle the OnItemCreated event in my grid and force the pager size combobox to be invisble. Here is the code that worked along with the skin setting above...

protected void ItemCreated(object sender, GridItemEventArgs e) 
    RadComboBox combo = e.Item.FindControl("PageSizeComboBox"as RadComboBox; 
    if (combo != null
    { 
        combo.Visible = false
    } 

Thanks Kamen,
Stephen
Tags
ComboBox
Asked by
Stephen
Top achievements