This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q3_2009_1314 - RadTreeViewItem.ExpandItemByPath

2 Answers 46 Views
TreeView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tim asked on 15 Jan 2010, 10:37 PM
Has the behavior of RadTreeViewItem.ExpandItemByPath() changed on purpose?  I used to expand a node followed by \\, but now it doesn't want the trailing \\.

Tim

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Miroslav
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2010, 02:48 PM
Hello Tim,

The ExpandItemByPath method was changed in order to differentiate the GetItemByPath and ExpandItemByPath methods.

The GetItemByPath is synchronous while the ExpandItemByPath used not to be. This is why the ExpandItemByPath does not return the item it expands.

With the Q3 release (and some time before that) the ExpandItemByPath method updates the layout eagerly just like GetItemByPath (it uses it internally in fact) and there was not much difference between the methods.

Is this a breaking change for you?
Would you prefer if the method worked as before?

Best wishes,
Miroslav
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jan 2010, 02:51 PM
No -- I fixed my side.  The change apparently is the trailing \\.  I changed my algorithm to add \\ only between nodes and omit the trailing \\ and it works again.  Not sure if you were aware of this or not, but maybe it will help someone else with a forum search.

My app has a tree of categories on the left, and objects of each category below that.  In the category view, there is a grid summarizing all objects of that category.  Double-clicking on the row expands the tree and selects the specific item, causing navigation to the detail view for that item as if the user had gone straight to the tree.  Double clicking calls ExpandItemByPath which changed on me.

Tim

Tags
TreeView
Asked by
Tim
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Miroslav
Telerik team
Tim
Top achievements