This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2012 ExpandCollaspseColumn Error with Detail Tables

8 Answers 76 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Chameleoki
Top achievements
Rank 2
Chameleoki asked on 12 Jun 2012, 10:33 PM
Just upgraded my code to the lastest version and I have a detail table with the following code:
<DetailTables>
<telerik:GridTableView runat="server" DataKeyNames="JobID,JobCompleted,OrderCompleted,JobCancelled,Status" DataSourceID="dsJobs" Name="JobDetail" AllowFilteringByColumn="False" ShowHeadersWhenNoRecords="False" AllowSorting="false" ExpandCollapseColumn-Display="false">

It now gives me an error of System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I tracked it down to the property of:

ExpandCollapseColumn-Display="false"

If I remove this then it works (although the expand/collapse column appears).  If I set it to ExpandCollapseColumn-Visible="false" it errors again.  It does work on the mastertableview.  I know I can hide it through CSS (but I have a mix-and-match on the same page) or codebehind, but I really don't want to update the ton of pages that this is used on.  I would rather wait for an update if this is a verified error.

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Jun 2012, 06:37 PM
Chameleoki,

I've been able to reproduce your findings using the code from the Grid / Declarative Relations online demo.

The setting works fine using the “Telerik.Web.UI.dll” 2012.1.418.40 (see image 1), but the attached error message gets thrown when upgrading to the new 2012.2.607.40 release. Plus, as you've noted, the ExpandCollapseColumn-Display="false" setting works at the MasterTableView level in both builds, but no longer works at the DetailTables levels in the newest build.

I've opened a ticket with Telerik to expedite the investigation. This thread will be updated with the findings.

Hope this help!
Chameleoki
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 14 Jun 2012, 06:39 PM
Thank you so much!  Nice to have verification.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jun 2012, 06:01 AM
Hi Richard, hello Cameron,

I can confirm that your observation is indeed correct and the issue constitutes a bug in the new version of the controls. Our development team will be addressing it soon and I will provide you with more information on when then fix will be available. I have updated the Telerik points of each of you accordingly. Thanks for turning our attention to this issue.

Greetings,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jun 2012, 07:57 AM
Hi Richard, hi Cameron,

I am glad to inform you that issue has been addressed and the fix will be available in the next latest internal build of the controls that's coming out at the begininning of next week. You can download it from the latest internal builds section of your customer account.

All the best,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Dev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jun 2012, 10:34 AM
After upgrading to 2012 Q2 I see a simliar error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.GetRowIndicatorColumn() at ASP.app_bookings_pages_findbookingtng_aspx._BuildControlcontrol25() at ASP.app_bookings_pages_findbookingtng_aspx.BuildControlcontrol23() at ASP.app_bookings_pages_findbookingtng_aspx.BuildControlcontrol21(GridTableView __ctrl) at ASP.app_bookings_pages_findbookingtng_aspx.BuildControlrgFindBooking() at ASP.app_bookings_pages_findbookingtng_aspx.BuildControlContent2(Control __ctrl) at

But in my case I already have ExpandCollapseColumn visible.  Here's the code where it errors:

<MasterTableView DataKeyNames="RoomBookingID" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="10">
    <DetailTables>
        <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="RoomEventID" Name="Event" meta:resourcekey="GridTableViewResource2">
            <DetailTables>
                <telerik:GridTableView Name="Serv" meta:resourcekey="GridTableViewResource1">

The error disappears if I remove both the meta:resourcekey attributes:

<MasterTableView DataKeyNames="RoomBookingID" AllowPaging="True" PageSize="10">
    <DetailTables>
        <telerik:GridTableView DataKeyNames="RoomEventID" Name="Event">
            <DetailTables>
                <telerik:GridTableView Name="Serv">

Is this the same error in a different guise, or a different problem?
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jun 2012, 10:41 AM
Hi Cameron,

You need to upgrade to the latest internal build of the Q2 2012 release. It has not yet been uploaded but will be out by the middle of the day tomorrow (Easter European Time). Please, download it and upgrade your project.

All the best,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Dev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Jun 2012, 12:41 PM
Hi Tsvetoslav

Will the new release also solve my issue?

If so, are there many other changes in this release?  We're quite close to a release ourselves and so want to avoid too much disturbance.

Rob
Tsvetoslav
Telerik team
answered on 19 Jun 2012, 11:01 AM
Hi Robert,

Yes, the latest build of the Q2 2012 release should solve your problem as well.

Regards,
Tsvetoslav
the Telerik team
Tags
Grid
Asked by
Chameleoki
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
Chameleoki
Top achievements