This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2011 Upgrade Wizard Issues Resolved

3 Answers 165 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Telerik Admin asked on 21 Jul 2011, 09:29 AM

We identified several issues with our new Upgrade Wizard shortly after our Q2 2011 release.

The following circumstances are known to cause issues when using the Upgrade Wizard:

• Having any invalid references in your project (marked with a warning sign in Visual Studio)
  • Having COM references in your project
  • Holding a project reference to a project which has not yet been built
  • Holding a project reference to a project whose output assembly name differs from the project's name

All of the above issues have already been addressed and an update has been released through the Visual Studio Online Gallery:
Telerik WPF VSExtensions

You should be able to use the Visual Studio 2010 Extension Manager to download the update.

Best regards,
The Telerik Team

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Legoless
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 May 2012, 06:51 PM
Hello,

I am still having problems with this Upgrade wizard for Visual Studio WPF extensions. I have the latest Telerik WPF Controls installed in default directory, same with Visual Studio 2010. I cannot update the Extensions over Visual Studio Extension Manager, the installation is stuck at 0% (see screenshot). There is no way I can update the WPF extensions and this problem is with Q1 2012 release from the start on both my development machines.

What can I do?

(Sorry if I wrote in the wrong thread).

Best Regards,

Dal Rupnik
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2012, 09:07 AM
Hello Dal,

In case you are using User Account Control, you could try running Visual Studio as an elevated process (right-click your shortcut -> Run as administrator) and retrying the update.

Let me know if that helps.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Legoless
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2012, 11:17 AM
Andrey, you are right, thank you. Would never realize this is an elevated privilege problem.

Best Regards,

Dal
Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Legoless
Top achievements