This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2011 Assemblies

5 Answers 90 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
sitefinitysteve asked on 13 Jul 2011, 02:42 PM
Hey Guys,
  Can someone tell me what changed with the assemblies

I dont see Telerik.OpenAccess.Adonet2.dll anymore, and now there's a Telerik.OpenAccess.Web.40.dll

Now should I be updating my solution references...remove Adonet2 (obviously I guess), but is Web.40 an addition to Web or to be used in place of?

Thanks,
steve

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2011, 02:49 PM
Hi Steve,
Yes AdoNet2 is not required anymore, but the 'upgrade references' process is not handling it, so you will have to remove ti yourself (I don't think you need a reference to that in your project whatsoever).
The Telerik.OpenAccess.Web.40.dll case is different - it si not mandatory and contains our DynamicData implementation (.NET 4.0).

Best wishes,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 13 Jul 2011, 02:59 PM
Ah thanks...hey what about this one?

None of my projects will compile

Error    88    The type or namespace name 'IObjectScope' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\Code\Medportal_SSO2\Medportal SSO2\OaGdaWrapper\Helper.cs    59    17    OaGdaWrapper

JustDecompile shows it in there...why would it not see that, any idea?

**EDIT**

I had to re-add the references from my Solution Assemblies folder, that fixed it
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 13 Jul 2011, 03:36 PM
Hi Steve,
We are interested into finding out what turned wrong during your upgrade, as this might have impact for other customers as well. Can you share a bit more info with us? Do you upgrade your project manually or using the 'upgrade references' wizard? Did you removed only the 'old' adonet2 assembly and tried again, or you went for adding again all Telerik OpenAccess references?

Kind regards,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Register for the Q2 2011 What's New Webinar Week. Mark your calendar for the week starting July 18th and book your seat for a walk through of all the exciting stuff we will ship with the new release!

sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
answered on 13 Jul 2011, 03:39 PM
We've placed Solution Folders into the Solution and pointed all the projects at those to remove the pc-pc GAC dependencies...other devs are not as eager to upgrade as I am :)

So I just checked out those DLLs, overwrote them, checked them back in,and tried compiling the projects...and it couldn't find IObjectScope.  I could see Telerik.OpenAccess, but there wasn't much in it, maybe 10ish items on the root.
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jul 2011, 07:45 AM
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the information.

Kind regards,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
sitefinitysteve
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Veteran
Answers by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
sitefinitysteve