This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2010 issue - The referenced component 'Telerik.Web.Design' could not be found.

2 Answers 316 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Celeste
Top achievements
Rank 1
Celeste asked on 17 Nov 2010, 10:25 PM
Dear Forum,

I've just had Q2 2010 installed (2010.2.713.40) and I am using VS 2008. When I try to add the new reference to my project, VS finds the reference but there is a little yellow triangle and exclamation point over the reference item in the references list and I get this error

Warning 34 The referenced component 'Telerik.Web.Design' could not be found.  

Also, VS did not updat my web.config file. I'm kind of new at these Telerik controls, can someone help me out here?

Oh, there's another error:
Warning 8 Resolved file has a bad image, no metadata, or is otherwise inaccessible. Could not load file or assembly 'C:\Program Files\Telerik\RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX Q2 2010\Bin40\Telerik.Web.Design.dll' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded. UI

Thanks,
Celeste

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
answered on 18 Nov 2010, 08:50 AM
Hi Celeste,

Once you have installed our RadControls you could take advantage of the VSExtensions which are distributed together with the Controls. The Extensions give you the opportunity to create, upgrade and configure your RadControls projects in seconds, eliminating the need to set any assembly references, handler/module definitions, tag prefixes, etc. manually. VSExtensions also allow you to convert your existing projects to a Telerik RadControls projects very easy by using the Convert Wizard.

In the following articles you could read more about the VSExtensions:
  1. http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/visual-studio-extensions.aspx
  2. http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/vsx-project-wizard.html

Best wishes,

Biliana
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jumpstart your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.
Celeste
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Nov 2010, 02:35 PM
Biliana,

Thanks so much! I configured the app and used the Wizard to convert and all is well now!

Celeste
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Celeste
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Biliana Ficheva
Telerik team
Celeste
Top achievements