This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2008 SP1 Showstopper!

4 Answers 117 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tinus
Top achievements
Rank 2
Tinus asked on 28 Aug 2008, 12:23 PM
Hi Telerik team,

Q2 2008 SP1 contains a big showstopper!

Forms or UserControls set to Localizible=true loose all modified text for RadGriedView.

More exactly: All GridViewDataColumns.HeaderText properties are no longer read from the resx file and are set to default values. This happens at design time as well as on runtime.

Whenever I open my Form/UserControl, make a small change and save, I loose all HeaderText properties in the .resx file.

I will provide a sample app.

Second problem: when I close VS 2008 SP1 I get a crash and VS 2008 restarts.

Rolling back to Q2 2008 fixes both problems.

Please investigate and fix these problems.

Regards
Martin

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 29 Aug 2008, 04:06 PM
Hi Martin,

We have some good news related to this problem - please, see the ticket you have opened on the topic.

Best wishes,
Vassil
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Accepted
Tinus
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 01 Sep 2008, 08:58 AM
Hi Vassil,

the updated build seems to work now as intended.

Thanks for the quick response.
Martin
Just
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Sep 2008, 10:33 AM
Hi there,

Every text manually added to the resx file is gone after making a change to the form.designer.cs or form.cs file. Is there no way to keep them in, even after recreating the resx file? Something like a special, easily recognizable prefix? Like everything prefixed with an ~ (or whatever) has to stay in?

I'd like to hear from you.
Just Me
Jordan
Telerik team
answered on 04 Sep 2008, 01:26 PM
Hello Just Me,

What you see is normal behavior of Visual Studio. However you could try creating your own component with the necessary properties and use it to put what you need in the resx file.

In case you have other questions, please open a new support ticket or forum post on the topic - we would prefer to have different topics in different threads for consistency and easiness to follow.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Jordan
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tinus
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
Tinus
Top achievements
Rank 2