This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q2 2007 Status Updates

32 Answers 1098 Views
Announcements
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
Todd asked on 17 Sep 2007, 05:48 AM
Do you like being informed up to the minute on what's going on at Telerik during release times? Do you anxiously refresh your Client.NET downloads page all day waiting for the new files to show up? If that's you, this is your thread. Simply subscribe to this thread and I will do my best to answer your anxious questions and keep you informed about release activity. And of course, as soon as the release is available, you'll know about it if you're subscribed to this thread.

Sign-up now and I'll keep you in the loop.

-Todd Anglin
http://telerikwatch.com

32 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Sep 2007, 12:06 PM
I heard about the Curiosity killed the cat, BUT, will the Q2 be relased today (17) as stated on several places, or is it mid this week?
Can't hold my F5 finger in control :)
Flemming Rosenbrandt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2007, 02:14 PM
Well – the release activity must be very low ;-)
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2007, 02:46 PM
UPDATE 1: Things are very busy at release HQ and many of the RadControls are ready to go for Q2. Unfortunately, RadEditor "Prometheus" needs a little more time to run through final QA and reach Telerik release quality. That said, Q2 will not be released until tomorrow. There is very little chance that the release will not make tomorrow, but I'll keep you updated if that changes.

I apologize for the release date inconsistencies. Our goal was to communicate "early this week" instead of September 17th to account for the last minute work that tends to take place, but I know the date was said a few times. Either way, look for the release tomorrow and stay tuned for more updates as the QA is finished-up.

-Todd
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 17 Sep 2007, 03:39 PM
Todd, sounds great, both that it DOES seams to be near release and that Telerik dont rush and release bugged versions :D

Btw, the date for relase have I read mostly on your blog. ;)
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2007, 04:02 PM
I know, I know. Old habits die hard. I originally promoted the date, but later realized that the correct promotion as "early this week". I apologize for the confusion. Completely my fault and I doubt that it will happen again. :)

-Todd
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 04:13 AM
UPDATE 2: Just another update as I end my Monday and the BG crew begins their Tuesday. Everything seems to be on track for a Tuesday release. The only component that needs finishing attention is RadEditor "Prometheus". Aside from that and a few last minute skin and documentation updates, things are looking good. Check back in about 9 hours for the next update and final word on how things are looking for a Tuesday release.

-Todd
Mostafa Anoosheh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 05:18 AM
Hello,
I think a more stable release is better than on-time release.

Regards
Mostafa Anoosheh
hacker
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 12:37 PM
Ditto.  I am looking for more fixes and minor updates out of this release.  I don't plan to use any of the new items (Scheduler, etc.) just yet.

Shawn
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 02:39 PM
UPDATE 3: Some good news and some bad news. The good news: the Q2 builds are just about ready to go and everything is ready for release. The bad news: it is getting late in BG and the web team needs several hours to push the new release to your Client.net accounts/update the online demos/change the site banners once they get the final code in hand. That said, there is a chance that the Q2 release will not be available for download until tomorrow, Wednesday.

Clearly, we are trying to follow your desires to have a quality release and not a date driven release, so we will make the call that enables us to deliver the highest quality. The decision is being discussed as I type this update, so expect a final call in the next few hours.

-Todd
Flemming Rosenbrandt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 02:52 PM

If the release was not ready I could understand another delay (Quality first as stated by other users). But if it is ready to go – well – just pay the web guys for the extra overtime and give them the day off tomorrow – then everybody will be happy – the customers too!

Surprise us with an almost-on-time release this time…

/Flemming Rosenbrandt

John S.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 03:01 PM
Hello,

Are there any descriptions of what Q2 control updates and new features are? Specifically RadGrid (besides PDF export.)

Also, Q2 seems confusing to me....2007-2 would make more sense.

Thanks,
John
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 03:25 PM
@Flemming- Unfortunately, this is a bit of quality control issue. RadEditor and RadWindow "Prometheus" need a little more attention before they're placed in the final build, but those teams will not leave until that's done tonight (BG time).

@John- You may want to check out the reveal page from the Q2 game. That lists all of the coming updates in Q2 and has links to demos of RadGrid 5. As for the "Q" naming, I'd suggest you check-out this old blog post to understand how that works.

Thanks~
Todd
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 03:35 PM
UPDATE 4: The decision is final. Q2 2007 will be released on Wednesday, but very early on Wednesday for North American customers. RadEditor and RadWindow "Prometheus" needed a little more work this evening to reach the quality that we are willing to ship, so the release will be delayed until tomorrow morning (BG time). By the time you wake-up in North America, the release should be live on the site.

Apologies again for releasing a little later than planned. We are committed to a quality release, and it appears many of you understand and agree. Hopefully these status updates have been helpful, though, and helped change the guessing game of past releases when schedules slipped. At the very least, I'm sure your F5 keys appreciate the break.

The next update from me should be announcing the availability of the Q2 2007 release! Stay tuned.
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 04:25 PM
Hi Todd!

I hope that you with "very early on Wednesday for North American customers" not mean that only American users will get the update, but it is early morning in US time?

Btw, you mention BG time several time, sorry, but I don't know what that means.(backgroundtime) :D
Geoff Van Brunt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 04:28 PM
BG = Bulgaria where teleirk is.

He means that the update will show up during that time. Everyone will get it.
Greg Freyenberger
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 04:32 PM
I assume BG = Bulgaria
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2007, 05:09 PM
Apologies for not being clear. I suppose "BG" was a little "inside baseball". As Geoff and Greg correctly noted, BG is shorthand for Bulgaria- where Telerik's HQ is located and where I'll be in about a week for DevReach 2007.

Also, to clarify the time of the release, it will be available to all customers at the same time. The release should be live by early afternoon based on Bulgaria's time zone (UTC +2), which is early morning in North America.

Hopefully that clears things up.

-Todd
Steve
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 01:43 PM
Hi Todd,

Any word yet?  I'm not sure how much longer I can stall my boss to start the coding.  I might just have to do with my ancient Q4 2006 ;).

Thanks,

Marek
Shaun Peet
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 01:47 PM
There's hints of updates as all of the individual ASP.NET controls (except the grid...hmm) are updated as of yesterday.  Todd should have mentioned that everyone in North America gets to sleep in to noon!
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 01:54 PM
Have a thought for us Aussies - we're just about to go to bed and no new release - we have to wait for one more sleep!
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 02:08 PM
Hi guys,

The website is being updated now and everything should be ready within a couple of hours.
You can check out the new  online demos in the meantime.

Best wishes,
Ivo
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 02:15 PM
The full list of What's New/Fixed in RadControls for ASP.NET is already online:
http://www.telerik.com/aspnet/controls/Q2.2007/VersionNotes.aspx

Ivo
the Telerik team

Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 02:45 PM
The Release notes for RadControls for WinForms are live:
http://www.telerik.com/products/winforms/release-history.aspx

Rob,
the Telerik Team
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 02:48 PM
The new Q2 2007 Reporting examples are live:
http://www.telerik.com/demos/reporting/Reporting/Examples/Default/DefaultCS.aspx

Enjoy!

~ Peter
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 03:59 PM
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 04:31 PM
UPDATE 5: I am pleased to announce in this fifth and final update that Q2 2007 is live! The new banners are up on the site and your Client.net accounts should be updated with the latest Q2 licenses (if they're not, it's just a matter of minutes until your account is ready to go). So get to it! Download the Q2 release, take it for a spin, and come back to the forums to let us know what you think. Now on to Q3...

-Todd
Jimmy Stuart
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Sep 2007, 05:47 PM
Todd, do you know when you guys will be posting the PSD files for the new default (black) skin?

Thanks,

Jimmy
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 20 Sep 2007, 06:54 AM
Hello Jimmy,

Thank you for your interest.

The ZIP archives with PSD files for the new Default and Vista skins should be available on http://www.telerik.com/skins/ in the beginning of next week, i.e. September 24-25. We may prepare the ZIPs and upload them earlier, depending on the amount of bugfixes we have to handle.

Best wishes,
Dimo
the Telerik team

codispdp
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2007, 10:41 PM
Todd,

When is the projected release?
codispdp
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Sep 2007, 10:41 PM
Can't wait
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2007, 03:36 AM
Codi-

Which release? If you're talking about Q2, it's already live! :)

http://telerikwatch.com/2007/09/q2-2007-released.html

If you're talking about something else, let me know.

-Todd
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 26 Sep 2007, 11:50 AM
Hi there,

The new Default skin PSD's for all RadControls for ASP.NET have been uploaded to http://www.telerik.com/skins/

Concerning the Vista skin, most controls' skins have been made from screenshots, so no real PSD's are available. The exceptions are the skins for RadComboBox, RadGrid and RadUpload, which have been uploaded as well.

Best wishes,
Dimo
the Telerik team

Tags
Announcements
Asked by
Todd
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Per Holmqvist