This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2014 Bug with HighlightPath() and Simple skin

1 Answer 13 Views
Menu
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
IT Support
Top achievements
Rank 1
IT Support asked on 06 Mar 2014, 05:29 PM
Hello,

Today I updated my website with your latest Q1 2014 controls and I found a (CSS?) bug that I haven't with Q3 2013 SP1.

The function HighlightPath() with the skin "Simple" does not render the correct "Selected" stylesheet. Now we only have an orange border without background and "Hover" style seems not have the same padding value than the "Selected" one.

You can reproduce this bug on your site in "Menu - Integration with BreadCrumb" page. Select "Simple" skin and you will see the first selected level "Purchase" with only a border (background is missing). Then move the cursor on "Purchase Orders" child menu item to see that the Selected stylesheet will create an unpleasant behavior (definitely due to a different margin or padding)

Is there a way to fix this quickly??

Thank you for your help

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2014, 09:39 AM
Hello,

I would like to clarify that there is an issue with the Simple Skin and focused state of the items. Your observations are absolutely correct and except applying an orange border it should set an orange background color to the item as well. The following workaround will fix this issue and it will be included in our upcoming  service pack release.
//css workaround
html .RadMenu_Simple .rmGroup .rmItem a.rmFocused {
        padding: 0px;
}
.RadMenu_Simple .rmFocused > .rmLink,
.RadMenu_Simple .rmSelected > .rmLink {
        border-color: #882501;
        background-color: #FFA517;
        color: #882501;
}  

.RadMenu_Simple .rmGroup .rmFocused > .rmLink,
.RadMenu_Simple .rmGroup .rmSelected > .rmLink {
        background-color: #FFE79C;
        border-color: #C98400;
        color: #882501;
}

I would like to clarify that HighlightPath() method does apply rmFocused class to the item and its ancestor items in order to highlight the path from the root to the item.

Regards,
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Tags
Menu
Asked by
IT Support
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan Dimitrov
Telerik team
Share this question
or