This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2012 Upgrade wizard little issues

6 Answers 100 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jacek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jacek asked on 18 Feb 2012, 08:25 PM
Not a big deal, but wizard replaces Web.config with web.config (first letter capital -> small) which in turn causes SVN (at least TortoiseSVN) to act dumb.
Second thing, but I presume that this is a feature not a bug (although for me it's little annoying): Upgrade wizard replaces Telerik handlers in web.config entirely, so every upgrade I have to change from 
type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource"
to
type="Telerik.Web.UI.WebResourceSession".

It would be really nice if you could change that..

Jacek

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2012, 09:13 AM
Hello Jacek,

Thank you for contacting us and providing your feedback. We greatly appreciate it.

I will log what you have suggested in our backlog so that we can consider it's priority and schedule the implementation.

If any further question arise, please write us again.

Kind regards,
Petar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Frank
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Oct 2012, 07:45 PM
Just installed v.2012.2.912.40 and the Web.config is still being renamed to "web.config" on the file system. Upon committing  the solution changes to SCC/SVN I get a lovely error message about Web.config already exists. It appears the repository isn't case sensititive, but client side logic treats the capitialized Web.config as an add instead of an update. 

Long story short, during your process, preserve ( with case sensitivity ) the Web.config file name. This is getting really old to having to keep patch after each upgrade.

Petar
Telerik team
answered on 15 Oct 2012, 01:30 PM
Hi Frank,

Thank you for bringing this issue again. I have logged it to our Public Issue Tracker where you and other clients can check its state, vote and comment the issue - http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/aspnet-ajax/12947.

I hope we will be able to fix it soon.

Kind regards,
Petar
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Dustin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Jul 2014, 02:45 PM
Agreed.  This is still an issue and is extremely annoying.
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2014, 09:52 AM
Hello Dustin,

The issue is still pending indeed due to its low priority. Here is an actual link where you can vote and follow the status of the issue - http://feedback.telerik.com/Project/108/Feedback/Details/119364-upgrade-wizard-changes-web-config-file-name-case.

Regards,
Petar
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Dustin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Jul 2014, 02:57 PM
Thanks, Petar.

I was able to just press F2 and rename 'web.config' to 'Web.config' and SVN kicked back in.  This should help some others experiencing this issue.  Thank you for following up to a two-year-old thread.

D
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Jacek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Petar
Telerik team
Frank
Top achievements