Q1 2012 RadComboBox Text cut off in ie7

8 posts, 0 answers
  1. Nick
    Nick avatar
    7 posts

Posted 12 Mar 2012 Link to this post

Using 2012.1.306 dll's the selected text(not in the drop-down list) in the radcombobox is cut off if it is longer than 150px in ie7 only. This behavior is also observed on this site's demo section. More reasons to stick with the 2011.3 build...

Nick
  2. Thomas
    Thomas avatar
    3 posts

Posted 12 Mar 2012 Link to this post

Attached Image is from IE8 running in IE7 Compatibility View, after selecting a longer item from the comboboxes on the followign page:

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/combobox/examples/populatingwithdata/autocompletesql/defaultcs.aspx

3. UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017
  4. Shinu
    Shinu avatar
    17764 posts

Posted 13 Mar 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

Check the following help documentation which explains how to set the caret position in IE when selected text is long.
    Set caret position at the beginning of the input in IE, when the text of the selected item is too long.

-Shinu.
  5. MATHIEU
    MATHIEU avatar
    2 posts

Posted 13 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Hello,

We are using the Q1 2012 SP1 and we also have this text cutoff issue in IE7. I tried using the javscript function mentioned but it didn;t fix the issue. Could you please let me know if you have any workaround for IE7.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sonith
  6. Kalina
    Admin
    Kalina avatar
    918 posts

Posted 17 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Hello MATHIEU,

The issue that you describe sounds familiar.
    In case you use RadFormDecorator - please exclude the RadComboBox form the decorated controls.
    Here you can find more details about decorated controls.

Regards,
    Kalina
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
  7. MATHIEU
    MATHIEU avatar
    2 posts

Posted 17 Apr 2012 Link to this post

Thanks Kalina.

I'm using RadFormDecorator and currently I have the DecoratedControls set to All. After reviewing the link mentioned, I changed it to None and I dynamically added the controls and excluded the RadcomboBox. Now it works fine.

code I added is mentioned below:
    private void DecorateForm()
    {
                radFormDeco.DecoratedControls = FormDecoratorDecoratedControls.None;
                radFormDeco.DecoratedControls |= (FormDecoratorDecoratedControls)Enum.Parse(typeof(FormDecoratorDecoratedControls), "Buttons");
                radFormDeco.DecoratedControls |= (FormDecoratorDecoratedControls)Enum.Parse(typeof(FormDecoratorDecoratedControls), "Textarea");
            }

Thanks & Regards,
    Sonith
  8. PHDComputing
    PHDComputing avatar
    2 posts

Posted 06 Aug 2012 Link to this post

I have the same issue with IE7. Thanks for providing this code.
    For IE8, it works fine without using this code.

Mathieu,
    Is this IE7 issue?

peter
  9. Kalina
    Admin
    Kalina avatar
    918 posts

Posted 07 Aug 2012 Link to this post

Hi Peter,

Can you provide us more details about your implementation and paste some sample code here?

Regards,
    Kalina
    the Telerik team
    If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
UI for ASP.NET Ajax is Ready for VS 2017