This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2012 missing StyleManager.Theme="Windows7"

11 Answers 119 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Dirk asked on 22 Feb 2012, 10:56 AM

in the Q1 2012 release of the Silverlight Reporting control the attribute

telerik1:StyleManager.Theme="Windows7"

isn't working anymore.
I get the error:

Fehler 85 A ResourceDictionary '/Telerik.Windows.Themes.Windows7;component/Themes/Telerik.ReportViewer.Silverlight.xaml' cannot be found. Please make sure that references to the needed theme assemblies have been added to the project. C:\Documents and Settings ...

Is it possible that you forgot to implement this style?

Regards
Dirk

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2012, 02:42 PM
Hi Dirk,

We verified that the Windows 7 theme functions properly with the Q1 release. As noted in the Setting a Theme help article, the Silverlight themes are located in separate assemblies to optimize the size of the control assembly, so make sure you have added reference to Telerik.Windows.Themes.Windows7.dll.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team
NEW in Q1'12: Telerik Report Designer (Beta) for ad-hoc report creation. Download as part of Telerik Reporting Q1 2012. For questions and feedback, use the new Telerik Report Designer Forum.
Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 22 Feb 2012, 03:23 PM
Which Telerik.Windows.Themes.Windows7 library are you using?
With 2011.3.1220.1040 ist not working.
If this is the wrong version, where can I find the correct Verison?
With the Q1 2012 Silverlight libraries it not compiling?
Target: Silverlight 4.
Regards
Dirk
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 22 Feb 2012, 03:35 PM
Hello Dirk,

As per the System Requirements, you should use the corresponding RadControls for Silverlight version , available at the time of the Telerik Reporting release i.e. you need RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2012 version. You are not required to download and install these, you can find the requires assemblies in the examples we ship: C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q1 2012\Examples\CSharp\SilverlightDemo\bin.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
NEW in Q1'12: Telerik Report Designer (Beta) for ad-hoc report creation. Download as part of Telerik Reporting Q1 2012. For questions and feedback, use the new Telerik Report Designer Forum.
Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 23 Feb 2012, 10:14 AM
Sorry, I think your concept of the deployment of the needed controls for the Silverlight reporting control is really bad.
I have no folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q1 2012\Examples\CSharp\SilverlightDemo\bin.
because I'm not able to install the reporting examples.
You are only able to install the reporting examples, if you have the SQL Server (express) installed, but I don't have the sql server installed locally. Where can I download these controls without installing the sql server on my local computer?
Why are you not copying the needed Telerik Silverlight controls into the bin-folder of your reporting deployment?

Regards
Dirk
P.S: Now I'm trying to install the new Telerik Silverlight and reporting controls (Q1 2012) for several hours.
Please rethink your way of deployment of your controls for Silverlight 4 and 5.
Which release still requires SL5? Where can I download the files I need for SL4?
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 23 Feb 2012, 12:40 PM
Hello Dirk,

We do not add the RadControls assemblies to our bin folder as this would mean that our product distributes those assemblies, which is not true. You are allowed to use those assemblies only in the case when you are using the Silverlight viewer, should you need to use other controls from the Silverlight suite, you should purchase it.
Note that in the System Requirements page we tell you that you need the corresponding version of RadControls for Silverlight i.e. you should have those assemblies available, if not you should download them. I've pointed you to our examples, so you do not have to download a separate suite, but since you do not have examples either, you would have to download the RadControls for Silverlight. We do not require you to purchase them, the viewer would function with trial version.

The required version is Q1 2012 (2012.1.215.1040), the last two digits indicate the Silverlight version they are build against i.e. Silverlight 4.

Regards,
Steve
the Telerik team
Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 23 Feb 2012, 04:05 PM
Hi Steve,

I've purchased the Telerik Premium Collection for .NET.
So I can use the RadControls for Silverlight and Reporting.

Sorry if I'm too stupid to downlaod the correct controls for SL4.
If I switch on this Telerik site into my profile to
Home  Your Account Your Products Download List
and download the current RadControls for Silverlight I only get the SL5 controls (2012.1.215.1050)
Where do I find the SL4 controls Q1 2012 (2012.1.215.1040)?

And again: I cannot get the Silverlight 4 RadControls for reporting, because I'm not able to install the examples. The Telerik installer for Telerik Reporting doesn't install the examples if no sql server is installed.
I don't want the Telerik Installer to touch my sql server in any way, but I want to have the examples with the SL4 controls.

Regards
Dirk

Steve
Telerik team
answered on 27 Feb 2012, 06:02 PM
Hello Dirk,

The report examples would work only with the AdventureWorks database, so you cannot have them locally if you do not let the installer install them. As for downloading the Silverlight 4 RadControls, I've attached a short video that shows how to download them.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team
PROGRA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Aug 2013, 10:29 PM
 MY MACHINE HAS THE TOPIC WINDOWS CLASIC  AND I REMOVE THE BORDER Telerik.Reporting.Panel HELP
KS
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2013, 05:59 PM
Can you describe with more details the problem?
PROGRA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2013, 08:59 PM
DID A REPORT AND PUT AN OUTLINE PANEL SPLIT WITH INFORMATION, BUT IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL I SEE WHERE THE COMPUTER IS THE SUBJECT OF WINDOWS CLASSIC COMP DISSAPEAR CONTOUR R CAN SOLVE THIS
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 16 Aug 2013, 05:46 PM
Hello PROGRA,

The provided information is not enough to determine the issue and its source. Please elaborate on the received exception. Also post the report definition, so we can take a look at it. Any additional information as screenshots and stack traces will be helpful.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Have you tried the new visualization options in Telerik Reporting Q2 2013? You can get them from your account.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dirk
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Dirk
Top achievements