This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

q1 2011 TileView Minimize/Maximize doesn't work

7 Answers 62 Views
TileView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ken asked on 07 Apr 2011, 10:15 AM
Since I upgraded to q1 2011 I noticed that the Tile's minimize/maximize buttons don't work anymore. I click them, the icon switches state (e.g. minimized -> maximized) but the tile itself remains in the same position. I haven't changed anything in code since it worked.

Ideas?

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Zarko
Telerik team
answered on 07 Apr 2011, 11:08 AM
Hello Adrian,

The problem is that we've changed the default template of the RadTileViewItem and the RadTileView and if you are using a custom template you'll have to update it so that you'll have the old functionality again.
If you have further questions feel free to ask.

Best wishes,
Zarko
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Apr 2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks Zarko, that was indeed the problem. Replaced the template and it works fine.

However, I have noticed another issue, which is really weird. I have a UserControl which contains a RadGridView. I host this UserControl on some page in a tile view item and on another page in a simple Grid. The RadGridView's columns are templated and contain some TextBlocks, which have a style setting their FontSize to a fixed value. Now the problem: when this UserControl with thr gridview is in a tileviewitem, the text for the items in the gridview is bigger. Even though the items have a style which sets their font size. The FontSize setting actually works, because if I change the value I can see the change visually, but proportionally for the two cases (when the usercontrol is inside a tileviewitem and not) the difference of size still remains.

Any idea what could be causing this behavior?

Thanks!
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 12 Apr 2011, 08:32 PM
Hi Adrian,

I tried to reproduce this issue on our side but I couldn't. Can you please have a look at the attached sample and let me know if I am missing something? Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Tina,

In the meantime I gave up using the control, sorry.

Adrian
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 09:51 AM
Hi Adrian,

I am sorry to hear that. We constantly try to improve our controls and the users'  experience with them, so if you can share your feedback about the RadTileView and why it coudn't fit your scenario, we would deeply appreciate it.

Also, if we can assist you in any way, please do not hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 09:57 AM
Hi Tina,

It's not that it wouldn't fit the scenario, it's just that I had to have it working at that point and I didn't, because of the previously mentioned problem. So for the time I've decided not to use it. Maybe I will come back to it later at some point.

Thanks,
Adrian
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 13 Apr 2011, 11:27 AM
Hi Adrian,

Thank you for getting back to us and the clarification. I just wanted to let you know that when you decide to use the control, you can send us a sample project with your issues and scenario and we will do our best to facilitate your efforts and help you implement it using the RadTileView control.

All the best,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team
Tags
TileView
Asked by
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Zarko
Telerik team
Ken
Top achievements
Rank 1