This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2011 SP1 - Masked Text Box doesn't initially show value

2 Answers 49 Views
Input
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
DonKitchen
Top achievements
Rank 1
DonKitchen asked on 27 Apr 2011, 03:15 PM
I just upgraded to Q1 2011 SP1 from Q1 2011 and found that my RadMaskedTextboxes for phone numbers, SSNs, etc. won't initially show their value when a page loads.  These are fields that are bound in a form view.  When you put the form view into edit mode, the values aren't visible until you click into and then out of the field.

I know the values are there because you can re-save and the data still is present.  It seems to be some kind of initialization issue or something where once the page is fully loaded, the values disappear.

Has anybody else noticed or seen this?

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
DonKitchen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Apr 2011, 04:01 PM
After further testing it seems to be related to the HideOnBlur property.  In the past, it hid the prompts if no value was present.  Now it seems to hide the value if there is a value.

Per the documentation, here is the intended functionality, which obviously it's not doing.

To hide the prompts when the value has not been set and the masked text box does not have focus, set the HideOnBlur property toTrue. You must set HideOnBlur to True if you want to use the EmptyMessage property.
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 28 Apr 2011, 11:59 AM
Hello DonKitchen,

I was able to reproduce the issue locally and confirm that RadMaskedTextBox does not behave as expected in this scenario. I have forwarded your report to our developers for further investigation. Unfortunately, I can not provide you with exact estimate about when the problem will be fixed. However, you can follow the status of the issue in our public issue tracking system.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Martin
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Tags
Input
Asked by
DonKitchen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
DonKitchen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Martin
Telerik team