This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Q1 2010 - The metod or operation is not implemented.

12 Answers 214 Views
ListView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
FaSSt2001
Top achievements
Rank 1
FaSSt2001 asked on 16 Mar 2010, 12:40 AM
Hi. I have a RadListView on a page and I am testing out the Q1 2010 trial. The ListView was working fine with the Q3 2009 dll, but when I replace it with the Q1 2010 dll, the ListView throws an exception when it tries to set the layout template (I assume this is where it's happening as it falls into the catch when it returns to the method that creates the ListView after it successfully creates the template code). I'm creating the ListView programatically and creating the templates for the item, layout, and empty templates as per your example in the demos. I'm also using NeedDataSource to bind the ListView. The exception I'm getting is "The method or operation is not implemented." It is very vague and doesn't really point me to the problem. Any ideas on why this error is happening now with the new dll? I have included the stack trace below as well:

at System.Linq.Enumerable.Iterator`1.System.Collections.IEnumerator.Reset()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ListViewEnumerableHelper.TryReset(IEnumerator enumerator)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ListViewEnumerableHelper.Instantiate(IEnumerable source)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ListViewPagableEnumerable.get_EnumerableHelper()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ListViewPagableEnumerable.PerformTransformation()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ListViewPagableEnumerable.TransformEnumerable()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ListViewPagableEnumerable.RawEnumerable()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data)
   at System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.PerformSelect()
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.DataBind()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.AutoDataBind(RadListViewRebindReason rebindReason)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)
   at MyControl.CreateChildControls()

Thank you for any help.

Thanks,
Ed

12 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2010, 10:20 AM
Hi,

I suspect that this behavior is cause by an incompatibility issue with implementation of System.Linq.Enumerable Iterator Reset method. It seems that  this class will throw NotImplementedException instead of the expected (as stated in msdn) NotSupportedExpection.

However I'm happy to inform you that we have address this. Therefore the fix will be included in the next official release(Q1 2010 SP1) of the RadListView control as well with the next internal build. I have update your telerik points as a token of gratitude for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
FaSSt2001
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 16 Mar 2010, 07:02 PM
Thank you for your quick reply and the points. I appreciate it. Is there any way I can fix this now or should I just go back to the Q3 2009 dll until you guys release the fix.

Thanks,
Ed
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 17 Mar 2010, 10:06 AM
Hello,

As this is an issue with the framework itself, I'm afraid that you should either consider temporary using the Q3 2009 SP2 and wait for an official version of the RadControls which includes the fix (which will be SP1  of Q1 2010 release) or download the next internal build (however please note that those builds does not go through in-depth testing and are not recommended for production usage).

Sincerely yours,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Ben Amada
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2010, 09:41 AM
I'm also getting this error with Q1 2010.  I downloaded the latest internal build (2010.1.316.35) dated 3/15/2010, and in this build too, I'm getting the same error.  Prior to Q1 2010, I was using the Q3 2009 version (trial) and didn't have this error.

The release notes for 2010.1.316.35 do say this error has been resolved.  But from what I can tell, the problem still exists.
Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 22 Mar 2010, 01:36 PM
Hi Ben,

Can you please provide little more details about your scenario, how the RadListView is populated and to what type of collection?
Also can you please verify that you are not referencing an older version of the Telerik.Web.UI assemblies (by a .refresh file for example)?

Regards,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Ben Amada
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Mar 2010, 08:52 PM
Hi Rosen,

I did have a .refresh file in my BIN folder.  I just now deleted it, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

For applying the hotfix, what I did was remove the reference to Telerik in my VS project, deleted the Telerik.Web.UI.dll file from the BIN directory and added a reference to the Telerik.Web.UI.dll file in the hotfix.  I actually have about 3 projects in my solution which are referencing this DLL.  I did the same thing for all 3 projects.  If I search the entire solution folder for "telerik" files, the only thing that comes up is Telerik.Web.UI.dll (the new version dated 3/15/2010) and Telerik.Web.UI.xml files.

For the DataSource, I have a generic List of business objects.  The list is a list of "base types" (my base class), and you can see in the LINQ query below that I cast the items to a specific Derived type.

lvItems.DataSource =
    from s in itemsList
    select s as DerivedItemType;

lvItems.DataBind();

Below is the stack trace I have.  As a reminder, this same piece of code was working in Q3 2009.  Also, as you may be able to guess, I can easily workaround this error by running a ToList() on the LINQ result, like this:

lvItems.DataSource =
    (from s in itemsList
    select s as DerivedItemType).ToList();

I can use this code.  But I would imagine we all want to get it so the LINQ code works as well.

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Iterator`1.System.Collections.IEnumerator.Reset()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ItemPropertiesDescriptor.GetItemType(IEnumerable source)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.ItemPropertiesDescriptor.Process()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.UpdateFilterControl()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.SavePagingData(Boolean useDataSource, RadListViewPagingManager pagingManager)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.PerformSelect()
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.DataBind()
   at default.SetupPage() in e:\Projects\default.aspx.cs:line 126
   at default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\Projects\default.aspx.cs:line 31
   at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\9eaca2b8\156124c4\App_Web_gn3pgvit.0.cs:line 0
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
Ben Amada
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2010, 05:51 AM
This is a follow up to my last post.  To confirm the exact version of Telerik I'm running, I put a breakpoint in my code and in the Immediate window ran:

AppDomain.CurrentDomain.GetAssemblies()

About 67 assemblies were reported.  There was just 1 assembly for Telerik.  It is:
Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2010.1.316.35, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4

2010.1.316.35 is the hotfix version, if I'm not mistaken

Rosen
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2010, 10:58 AM
Hello Ben,

Thank you for the additonal details. Looking at the call stack we were able to locate another place at which this unwanted behavior can be observed. It has been addressed and the fix will be available in next internal builds. I have updated your telerik points.

All best,
Rosen
the Telerik team

Ben Amada
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Mar 2010, 04:12 AM
That's great to hear.  Looking forward to the next internal build -- thanks.
David Bows
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Mar 2010, 10:06 PM
I was able to work around this.  This may not work for you but I was able to put   .ToList() at the end of the data source.  Basically it will execute the linq prior to being bound.  

ListViewA.DataSource = linqdata.ToList();

David.
Ryan Bartsch
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 May 2010, 12:13 AM
Hi,

Im getting this same error during a call to OnLoad of a RadGrid, but only once the grid has one or more rows.

Public

Class MyRadGrid

Inherits RadGrid

Protected Overrides Sub OnLoad(ByVal e As EventArgs)

MyBase.OnLoad(e)

End Sub

End

Class

The call stack is shown below. Is there a solution or workaround to this issue? Would you recommend simply wrapping the call to MyBase.OnLoad(e) in a Try Catch block and...

System.Core.dll!System.Linq.Enumerable.Iterator<System.__Canon>.System.Collections.IEnumerator.Reset() + 0x1e bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.AdvancedEnumerator.Reset() + 0x2b bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataTableFromEnumerable.FillData() + 0x126 bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridResolveEnumerable.Initialize() + 0x21 bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridResolveEnumerable.EnsureInitialized() + 0x15 bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridEnumerableFromDataView.GridEnumerableFromDataView(Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView owner = {Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView}, System.Collections.IEnumerable enumerable, bool CaseSensitive = true, bool autoGenerateColumns, Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumnCollection presentColumns, string[] additionalField, bool retrieveAllFields) + 0x9f bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataSourceHelper.CreateGridEnumerable(Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView owner, System.Collections.IEnumerable enumerable, bool caseSensitive, bool autoGenerateColumns, Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumnCollection presentColumns, string[] additionalField, bool retrieveAllFields) + 0x82 bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridDataSourceHelper.GetResolvedDataSource(Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView owner, object dataSource, string dataMember, bool caseSensitive, bool autoGenerateColumns, Telerik.Web.UI.GridColumnCollection presentColumns, string[] additionalField, bool retrieveAllFields) + 0x180 bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.ResolvedDataSource.get() + 0x8e bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateChildControls(System.Collections.IEnumerable dataSource = {System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator<object,object>}, bool useDataSource = true) + 0x22 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(System.Collections.IEnumerable data) + 0x3a bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(System.Collections.IEnumerable data) + 0x73 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(System.Web.UI.DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, System.Web.UI.DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) + 0x20 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() + 0x8f bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformSelect() + 0x5 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() + 0x4a bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.DataBind() + 0xef bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.DataBind() + 0x51 bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.AutoDataBind(Telerik.Web.UI.GridRebindReason rebindReason) + 0x84b bytes 
  Telerik.Web.UI.DLL!Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnLoad(System.EventArgs e) + 0x94 bytes 
> OHS.DLL!OHS.UniSARadGrid.OnLoad(System.EventArgs e = {System.EventArgs}) Line 140 + 0xc bytes Basic
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() + 0x33 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() + 0x8e bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(bool includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint = true, bool includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint = true) + 0x274 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(bool includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, bool includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint = true) + 0x84 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() + 0x51 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(System.Web.HttpContext context) + 0x16 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(System.Web.HttpContext context) + 0x32 bytes 
  App_Web_lkmxdta8.dll!ASP.logging_incidentdetails_aspx.ProcessRequest(System.Web.HttpContext context = {System.Web.HttpContext}) + 0x26 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() + 0xb6 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep step = {System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep}, ref bool completedSynchronously = true) + 0x4c bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.HttpApplication.ApplicationStepManager.ResumeSteps(System.Exception error) + 0x133 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(System.Web.HttpContext context, System.AsyncCallback cb, object extraData) + 0x7c bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(System.Web.HttpWorkerRequest wr = {System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequestOutOfProc}) + 0x17c bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNoDemand(System.Web.HttpWorkerRequest wr) + 0x63 bytes 
  System.Web.dll!System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(System.IntPtr ecb, int iWRType) + 0x11c bytes 
  [Appdomain Transition] 
  [Native to Managed Transition] 
Ryan Bartsch
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 May 2010, 12:30 AM
Ok I've solved the issue.

I was binding my grid to an IEnumerable, but I changed the LINQ statement of the binding source to return a generic List. This seems to have fixed things.

Cheers.
Tags
ListView
Asked by
FaSSt2001
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rosen
Telerik team
FaSSt2001
Top achievements